Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a gel or lowered seat for the 03/04 R6's? I'm terribly short at 5'3" and am looking for every way possible to touch the ground more comfortably. I've already lowered the rear approxiamately 2" with the adjustable dogbone and the front 3/4" sliding the forks up and really don't want to compromise anymore suspension travel.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
just take your seat to a car interior guy and have him shave some of the foam off of the seat. ive heard a few peopl got about a inch off their seats this way. :cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
i got an inch shaved off on my seat and it really helped. I'd triy that first before buying a new seat. It only cost me $40 to shave the seat at a local shop. You can probably do it yourself if you had the tools.

·
Registered
963 Posts
i'm a short bastard, and when i first got my r6, i wanted to lower her to get my feet on the ground better. but after a while, the suspension softened up a little and I got used to the ground clearance. Now I have no problems with my ground clearance. i can even straddle walk her forwards and backwards even though it's on my toes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts