Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend rode his bike today after crashing it two months ago and i saw it up at work when i was coming home from school, so i thought id stop in and say hi. ive seen his bike quite a few times, and i thought that he had an aftermarket windscreen. (ZG or Sportech) we were talking and i mentioned that i was going to get a new ZG and he told me he had just spray painted his. didnt believe him at first, but when i inspected it, it was true. he painted the underside flat black, which you can tell when you get close, but when looking at the front it looks aftermarket. anyone here tried this? im going to and if i dont like it then i can go ahead and buy the ZG afterall.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a new DB and painting it... right now I have a Zero Grav but it's a clear blue one... you can't get the DB in blue.
There's nothing to it, really...

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i like mine were i can see through it. it just makes me feel better when i ride hunched over and can see through. but i am a big ole wussy so it may not count. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
52 Posts
You guys look through the windscreen, hmm.....

The only way I could see out of mine is if I was three inches tall standing on the tank. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactly, i cant even get my shoulders below the screen let alone my head. plus the clear screen just looks out of place. ill probably do it this weeked when im installing my alarm, so ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
erok81 said:
I painted mine black. It looks really good.

'cept now I kinda want a clear one again. haha.
Funny how that works, innit? I kinda want a clear one again too... The blue was cool... but it's kinda wearing off...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd try & find a second hand one to do it to. Then you'll still have the clear one if you need it.

My bike didn't have a clear screen on it when I got it but recently I bought a second hand one so I can mount a camera on the tank & take some video.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I painted mine...just a couple coats of a quality black paint on the back side and it loked really trick...I did swap it out for a puig just for some extra wind blockage

·
Registered
327 Posts
I spray-painted the back of mine metallic-red with sparklies, then painted over that with black. The whole thing would have looked really cool if I'd waited for the red to dry. As it is, parts of it look really cool, and the other parts just look sort of bubbly...on the underside, that is. The top looked neat anyway, but I wanted the whole thing to.
Anyway, I've got the red screen from Tech something now. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i painted mine

Yeh i painted mine, just did it a few days ago...if you want to see before/during/and after pics go to this other site where i have the pics up at. Oh yeh and the paint that you would want to use is pactra racing finish paint...its a paint for model race cars...ya know the nitro ones. It allows to flex with out cracking and once it is on, it is on.

here is the link:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146533

·
Registered
283 Posts
I painted mine yesterday. Just a $2 can of black matte from the discount store. Just did lots of thin coats. Looks great. I can not see through the windscreen either. Even hunched right over. I'll post some pics this arvo.

Hey jhomiefunk How about posting a link where you don't have to register to veiw. Stick it in our Pic gallery and add the pic to your post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts