Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm located near Milwaukee and I am looking to do some track days this summer. I would go to Road America, but the only track days I can find are on Monday and Tuesdays (wtf).

So the next closest track is Autobahn Country Club. (~2.5 hours)

Do you guys like the North Track or South Track better?

Also, are there any other orgs besides Sportbiketracktime that I should look at?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
it's well worth spending a week day at road america. it's a great track. costs are usually prohibitive for weekend events for most orgs.

never been to autobahn, but i hear it's a lot of fun. STT is pretty much the only place around for us mid-westerners this summer as NESBA has suspended their mid-west track days for 2012.

having a track that close to you is a great thing. if you get hooked on track days (you will) prepare to talk yourself into driving up to 8hrs or more for a track day. i already know what you're thinking; i never thought i would, either.

putnam park in indiana is a nice track. lots of fun. blackhawk farms is near you, too. seems like there's another one in illinois that i'm forgetting right now. you should check out STT's website, sign up for their forums and find out where their track days are at this season.

good luck!

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's well worth spending a week day at road america. it's a great track. costs are usually prohibitive for weekend events for most orgs.

never been to autobahn, but i hear it's a lot of fun. STT is pretty much the only place around for us mid-westerners this summer as NESBA has suspended their mid-west track days for 2012.

having a track that close to you is a great thing. if you get hooked on track days (you will) prepare to talk yourself into driving up to 8hrs or more for a track day. i already know what you're thinking; i never thought i would, either.

putnam park in indiana is a nice track. lots of fun. blackhawk farms is near you, too. seems like there's another one in illinois that i'm forgetting right now. you should check out STT's website, sign up for their forums and find out where their track days are at this season.

good luck!

s3aturnr
Unfortunately my internship this summer may not allow for too many days off...but we'll see.

I heard Blackhawk Farms is pretty popular. It seems they host their own track days. I think I will look into those. Though most seem to be during the weekday as well.

http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/?post_type=sp_events

I don't doubt that I will get addicted lol. If only we could do it all year round in the midwest!

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Where do you usually race?
i've been to grattan and gingerman in MI, road america in WI, putnam park in IN and beaverun in PA.

we figured it out a few weeks ago that i've done more than 1000 laps at gingerman since i started doing track days a few years back...

s3aturnr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts