Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep my rev up, but 2nd gear only gets me to 5k~6k rpm at speed im comfortable with. Anyone ever ride first gear throughout canyon? I'm just afraid first gear will be too rough

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
I want to keep my rev up, but 2nd gear only gets me to 5k~6k rpm at speed im comfortable with. Anyone ever ride first gear throughout canyon? I'm just afraid first gear will be too rough
I ride in first gear when I need to be in first gear. If it gets you into the proper RPM range while at a speed you're comfortable with, then do it.

·
stuntin
738 Posts
Personally I would just cruise in 2nd if I were you. If you don't feel comfortable there is no need to rush it. First gear will be a little twitchy once you get up in the rpms so just stay in first then shift whenever you need to. first gear only isn't going to help your riding.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I been riding for awhile already and have no problem at track or this high speed canyon, but when it comes to GMR in socal, a lot of low speed corner. I just can't get the rpm to stay high especially downhill. I feel that I am constantly cruising through corners with no absolute control over throttle

Any tip?

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
I been riding for awhile already and have no problem at track or this high speed canyon, but when it comes to GMR in socal, a lot of low speed corner. I just can't get the rpm to stay high especially downhill. I feel that I am constantly cruising through corners with no absolute control over throttle

Any tip?
Just stick to the super high speed canyons then? What track and what canyon?

·
Track Monkey
103 Posts
i have an 04 r6 and only use 2nd gear gear at gmr, and i get redline at sections. My first time there i did try 1st gear, and it's do able, but twitchy. just progress in 2nd gear if you're riding gmr

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I remember that part of gmr. do it on second gear. First gear is too twichy and you wont go fast enough for third. be carefull those parts are gnarly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts