Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure you have a stock exhaust set up. Will maybe even still have to putt putt up the hill between 6-7.
Yep, unless TrackDaz ponied up the dough and sucked the proper dicks to allow an open exhaust day, which should put the cost right around $400 for the day....:laugh

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Wish I was, but it's not happening for me. We had a nice big forum member turnout at the last Yamaha day there, but the higher sound limit and heavily subsidized price probably had a lot to do with that. I don't think they will have trouble filling spots, though. A group is already sold out.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, unless TrackDaz ponied up the dough and sucked the proper dicks to allow an open exhaust day, which should put the cost right around $400 for the day....:laugh
the cost is absurd... but Ill probably never get a chance to race there. Cross some shit off the list cause Ill be kinda tied down in the coming years.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
the cost is absurd... but Ill probably never get a chance to race there. Cross some shit off the list cause Ill be kinda tied down in the coming years.
Yeah, I haven't ridden there yet, mostly because a $325 stock exhaust track day and 6 hours of driving aren't much of a priority when I have three other tracks that are closer in Buttonwillow, Sears Point, and my favorite, Thunderhill.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Riding lagoona isn't the same when the db limit is 92. It totally fcuks your mojo when you have to putt up the hill. It's my favorite track, but won't be riding there unless we get another Yamaha Day.
If you watch the club schedules, there are days that move the limit up in the 103 range I think, but they sell out fast and they are usually close to $400. I know Keigwins usually has one per year, and considering I heard Lance just moved to Monterrey, I would expect that there will be more days at Laguna, and likely more unrestricted days. All guesses at this point, but probably not too far off.

·
wat?
722 Posts
I'll be there for both days in June. The 92db seriously sucks, but I haven't ridden there before so figure I'll scratch it off the list.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I'm signed up! Recouping a broken shoulder right now, but it should be fine by the time June rolls around.

I thought they get a 96 or 98 db day? Still not great, but better than 92.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
I wish, but 99% sure it is 92. 96 or 98 would give a far nicer buffer, even with a db killer/stock exhaust.
It used to be 96 but they brought it down to 92 a couple years ago I think it was.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll be there for both days in June. The 92db seriously sucks, but I haven't ridden there before so figure I'll scratch it off the list.
yah... if it were my own bike Id probably get popped for the intake noise.
I was presented with the opportunity to ride it...so Im going to take it being as there is no GP there. :mad:

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
yah... if it were my own bike Id probably get popped for the intake noise.
I was presented with the opportunity to ride it...so Im going to take it being as there is no GP there. :mad:
Yeah, they dont care what end the noise is coming from. And they are nazi esque on the the meter dude. You really end up having to roll out of it. Ive heard a stock R6 can trip it fairly regularly, but havent personally confirmed it. But then the R6 is a bit louder than most bikes it seems.

·
dont fake the funk
1,814 Posts
If you watch the club schedules, there are days that move the limit up in the 103 range I think, but they sell out fast and they are usually close to $400. I know Keigwins usually has one per year, and considering I heard Lance just moved to Monterrey, I would expect that there will be more days at Laguna, and likely more unrestricted days. All guesses at this point, but probably not too far off.
4 billz? Dang, that's steep and I am nowhere near fast enough to win the trackday :secret :D Z2, bring the appreciation day back please!

For yall who are going in June, have fun! It's an amazing track and super easy to learn. :YEA

·
Registered
351 Posts
thats pretty steep, im doing a weekend at calabogie again thisyear and its under 500 cdn for both days plus tax, and you only have to pass sound tech before having your bike tech done and then you can throw the db dog in the tool box. my gixxer thou failed at like 102 db last time we were there and that was with the stock motor, shes a whole lot louder with the head work and cams. lol. im hoping it passes with a baffle and a little cheating on my end or ill only ride the r6 there.

why do they test the sound limit on the track? and why are some days limited to noise but others not? a bike is always louder under load, i think bogies limit is 96 or 98 db and thats at half way up the rpm range only.

still, $400 for a day of fun, thats a lot of scratch

1 - 20 of 30 Posts