Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing up a low oil error code on the Plug&play R1/R6 dash... (pista).

Registers as 0.5V output from the sensor on the dash with 0-5V linear scale...

I thought it was just grounded = Full or not grounded = Problem.. wasn't aware the sensor gave a voltage out?

Anyone else have this problem or should I check my oil :sing

No error with stock dash...

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Throwing up a low oil error code on the Plug&play R1/R6 dash... (pista).

Registers as 0.5V output from the sensor on the dash with 0-5V linear scale...

I thought it was just grounded = Full or not grounded = Problem.. wasn't aware the sensor gave a voltage out?

Anyone else have this problem or should I check my oil :sing

No error with stock dash...
I haven't seen anyone on here with one.
It might be a dry contact but there still has to be voltage going through there for the processor or ECU to read if it is open or closed.
I will check the manual later for the sensor diagnostics.
Is it the level sensor?
Check your info on the dash and see what the different programs are for that input, it may have selectable values or you may need some adapter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't seen anyone on here with one.
It might be a dry contact but there still has to be voltage going through there for the processor or ECU to read if it is open or closed.
I will check the manual later for the sensor diagnostics.
Is it the level sensor?
Check your info on the dash and see what the different programs are for that input, it may have selectable values or you may need some adapter.

Yep there are selectable values for the range, but I was under the impression it was ala neutral switch and basically just to ground the wire rather than have a voltage scale from the sensor.

·
Next Mod, Engine!Roll On!
344 Posts
Had it too, seems as though the setting AiM has is set too low for the default R6 value and the oil light was on. Try lowering the value at which the alarm goes on on the MXL. Also noticed that when I changed oil, value was about 0.5 while before it was never stable, might have something to do with how f'ed up the oil was

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had it too, seems as though the setting AiM has is set too low for the default R6 value and the oil light was on. Try lowering the value at which the alarm goes on on the MXL. Also noticed that when I changed oil, value was about 0.5 while before it was never stable, might have something to do with how f'ed up the oil was
Ah groovy :)

The stock dash never gave the error so was concerned!

Do you know what voltage it should be when "low" ?

·
Next Mod, Engine!Roll On!
344 Posts
With fresh oil, the value stayed close to 0.5. As I ran the bike, now it's usually between 0.3-0.5 . So just set it to go on at 0.1 and you wont have a problem.

The real problem though is the fuel light. I wish I knew how it measures the fuel level cause the value is usually between 2.5 - 3 and 2 times I ran out of fuel trying to figure that out. So be careful with that. I always fill it up and know approx what mileage I get so when I reach a certain number, I fill it up again

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With fresh oil, the value stayed close to 0.5. As I ran the bike, now it's usually between 0.3-0.5 . So just set it to go on at 0.1 and you wont have a problem.

The real problem though is the fuel light. I wish I knew how it measures the fuel level cause the value is usually between 2.5 - 3 and 2 times I ran out of fuel trying to figure that out. So be careful with that. I always fill it up and know approx what mileage I get so when I reach a certain number, I fill it up again

Ah right!

Fuel level is always a pita, as it is a race bike it isn't so much of a problem but would like to know it is set up correctly!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone got instructions on how to wire one up? I bought a used one and Don't have any info on how to wire it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts