Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a search and i found many running the bridgstone bt 016's but none running the bt 003's.

does anyone have any experience with them? the reviews on motorcycle superstore all say they're amazing but i'd like some opinions from here.

supposedly they work awesome but the tire life is pretty short. any idea how short it is exactly?

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I am running the 003rs, I use them for some street and some track....I've got about 300 miles on mine and maybe have 2 trackdays left in them so another 300....They DO NOT like cold weather :fact I found that out the hard way

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Great for the track, but for people like me who only ride street, you get your money's worth with the BT-16's

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running the 003rs, I use them for some street and some track....I've got about 300 miles on mine and maybe have 2 trackdays left in them so another 300....They DO NOT like cold weather :fact I found that out the hard way
for someone that doesnt really do many track days but a good amount of spirited twisty road riding would they be a good choice? or would i be better off looking for something else?

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
They are a great tire...But wont last long. I will be lucky to get 750 miles on this set of tires with a few track days and some back roads. I would say for the money you are spending you should try somthing better. Ridersdiscount has a Deal on the Power Pure and those are some kick ass tires for back roads :fact

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
they are worth their low price tag. I prefere the older bt-002rs for feel though. I think I got maybe 1800 miles out of the rear. they wear out super fast. especially if you keep them at the psi bridgestone recommends which is about 30 rear 31 front. air them up to 34-36 and they last a lot longer.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
they for sure don't heat up as quickly as the 002's did, but they last longer - and are nearly as sticky. i haven't them slip on me yet - except b/c of user error.

what kind of riding are you going to be doing on the tires? the 003's don't like straight lines - you'll burn through em in about 1k miles or so if that's all you do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts