Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of selling my 06' that I just picked up so I can buy another bike, when I picked up the bike I signed the title right on the spot thinking I was going to keep the bike and ride this year. Well I haven't registered the bike yet and see no need to since I'm selling, but it was brought to my attention that since I signed it I have to title it. Is this the case? And if I don't register it, will the new owner have any issues registering after he signs below me? I tried calling multiple DMV's but they're all closed due to snow.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
typically you sign it, you register it policy, depending on how nice the ladies are at the DMV, they may let it pass on to the next owner. U'll have to try and see, no definite answer in my books.
I'd say that's probably a solid answer.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
From my experience you will have to register it under your name first OR have the Original owner order a new(clean) title. I know they will not allow you to scribble or any "white out" on the title...

Did you fill out name/address and stuff? They might let you through if they are nice and put the other persons address. The other guy could also just say it's his signature but i know some DMV's check the sig for reference..

I once signed a title myself because the owner wasn't around and I wanted to get it done, one DMV said the signature didn't match and didn't let me register it. I went to another DMV and they registered it no problem...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From my experience you will have to register it under your name first OR have the Original owner order a new(clean) title. I know they will not allow you to scribble or any "white out" on the title...

Did you fill out name/address and stuff? They might let you through if they are nice and put the other persons address. The other guy could also just say it's his signature but i know some DMV's check the sig for reference..

I once signed a title myself because the owner wasn't around and I wanted to get it done, one DMV said the signature didn't match and didn't let me register it. I went to another DMV and they registered it no problem...
Yep I signed everything, hopefully they'll register it for the new owner. He knows I just got the bike and haven't registered it, I'll just tell him what the deal is.

Anyone know how long it takes to register a bike and get the title back? It's been a couple of years since I registered a bike, can't remember..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts