Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time for new tires, i have been running the BT-016s. Only got about 5500 miles out of this set, been doing mostly commuting lately. I was thinking about trying the bt-21s or the bt-23s. Are the bt-23s worth the extra $30?

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
a buddy of mine runs the 23's and has nothing but good things to say about em. he commutes during the week on them, and also will ride a little spirited at nights. on the weekends, however, when we go "rail" he'll switch over to his 003rs's. but he puts about 500 miles/week on his bike, and gets about 7k miles outta the 23's (on his third set now, and using dynabeads).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a buddy of mine runs the 23's and has nothing but good things to say about em. he commutes during the week on them, and also will ride a little spirited at nights. on the weekends, however, when we go "rail" he'll switch over to his 003rs's. but he puts about 500 miles/week on his bike, and gets about 7k miles outta the 23's (on his third set now, and using dynabeads).
Hrm, only getting 7k out of em. Im at about 5500 now and can still probably get another couple hundred. I think i may just stick with the 16s. Gonna try a set of my buddys take of Dunlop 211s for a little bit, but im sure those will burn out real quick, then i will make a decision.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Hrm, only getting 7k out of em. Im at about 5500 now and can still probably get another couple hundred. I think i may just stick with the 16s. Gonna try a set of my buddys take of Dunlop 211s for a little bit, but im sure those will burn out real quick, then i will make a decision.
Only 7k? That's pretty damn good. I get like 4 track days from my 003s :lmao

·
Registered
457 Posts
Been running them most of the summer.. love em.. Their maiden voyage was on a poker run, but they have been great! Stick nicely, dont show any wear (although iv only got about 2k miles on them - nearly all commuting)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts