Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is the purpose of them? Is it something that makes track riding easier or something? My old Gsx-r had it built in. But on my r6 I just remember the gear... but I only street ride so idk if they are useful for track riding

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I have been using the Acumen gear indicator since 2006 and I love it. it's just one less thing to think about when you're out riding or out at the track. look for the one that is plug and play so that you don't have to solder any wires together.

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
I personally use the Healtech GIPro indicator and I love it. It's really beneficial on the track to know what gear you're in for the corner coming up. Like MSU said, it's just one less thing to think about so I can focus more on the riding and technique.

Also, prevents trying to find "7th" gear on the highway...

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
I personally use the Healtech GIPro indicator and I love it. It's really beneficial on the track to know what gear you're in for the corner coming up. Like MSU said, it's just one less thing to think about so I can focus more on the riding and technique.

Also, prevents trying to find "7th" gear on the highway...
Nope, never done that, never ever, not once ... :bowroll

The healtech one is the shit. Nice and small, but not too small (smaller than the acumen one). The small size makes it easier to find a place to put it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I use gipro picked up from RidersDiscount. Love it. Haven't hit 7th gear since :laugh but seriously it is helpful atleat for me on track knowing what great I'm on going into corners. And it's small so I've placed center of the tac.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Also have GiPro from Healtech Great product !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts