Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a track day sometime this year, but my bike has Pilot Road 2's so I'm not sure how well they will hold up on the track. Anyone run these for trackdays? I regret not getting Power Pures, or Q2's instead of the Road 2's.

·
Team STG Racing
337 Posts
I havent personally, but a fellow coach used to use them for coaching in the Novice and Intermediate group all the time...and he would go as fast as anybody in the Intermediate group. And his tires werent even as good as the Pilot Roads, they were like some BT-021's.

I have gotten my knee down in Deals Gap on my 600+lb Triumph Sprint ST with the saddlebags installed and loaded down.

While most people won't agree with it or want to hear it, tires like the Pilot Roads or BT-023's are MORE than capable for anybody riding in the Novice track day group or through the mountains/canyons etc.

For your first track day, you will be fine. They will get up to temperature quickly and wont be affected by heat cycles. Most Novice groups are led out by an instructor (so you are "forced" to take it easy) for 1-2 laps every session to let your tires get up to temp.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ok good to know. Thanks

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
my first trackday i did was on my fz6 with stock tires that had 6000 miles on them. I wasn't dragging knee or anything but for the novice group they worked fine and I wasn't the slowest out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts