Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
All I Do Is Win!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Brand New 2009 R6 Raven I don't like the Gold I want to trade for Black.

·
All I Do Is Win!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would like to get 2009 rims, my bike only has 19 miles on it.

·
All I Do Is Win!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the bronze ones on my 08 if you want those, there a little less flashy
I am "BLACKING OUT" MY BIKE I want BLACK

·
Now U See Me, Now U Dont
695 Posts
i have black wheels from my 07...swap?

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
You could probably swap wheels pretty easy..

But forks? I dont think the newer R6 (non s) inverted forks have anything but gold. Besides the bikes in Europe.

Best bet is to find a trade for the wheels, and then take the forks to a shop who can paint the forks for you. Wether that has be powdercoat, or anodized. Ive seen alot of places in the dirtbike mags that specialize in it, same thing. So theres gotta be a place somewhere.

The bike would look good all blacked out with the stock forks anyways. Its been done plenty of times and always looks great since the forks dont stick out too much.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You could probably swap wheels pretty easy..

But forks? I dont think the newer R6 (non s) inverted forks have anything but gold. Besides the bikes in Europe.

Best bet is to find a trade for the wheels, and then take the forks to a shop who can paint the forks for you. Wether that has be powdercoat, or anodized. Ive seen alot of places in the dirtbike mags that specialize in it, same thing. So theres gotta be a place somewhere.

The bike would look good all blacked out with the stock forks anyways. Its been done plenty of times and always looks great since the forks dont stick out too much.
The 06 and 10 raven have black forks. So do the white/red 09 and the white 10. The forks on the 06 are shorter than the 08+ bikes, which were given a couple more centimeters for adjustability. They should work the same but will be flush with the triple, rather than sticking out.

·
All I Do Is Win!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok getting my rims powdercoated for a good price.
Still want to do a fork swap (my 2009 gold forks for your 2009 black forks).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts