Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a ticket earlier this week for having a clear taillight and red l.e.d.s on my R6. I guess its illegal to have in Florida. I tried explaining to the dick that all 03' R6 came off the showroom floor with the clear taillight. He then told me I needed to shut up and let him talk. I became very irrate and was about to go off on him for thinking i was lying to him. Anyways, it looks like I'll be taking this to court. I plan on taking pics at the dealer of other R6 and of course pics of my setup. For the last few weeks here, the donut munchers have been messing with us and not worrying about protecting lives or the bigger issues we have in today's society.

·
Registered
162 Posts
dont forget to take the pics of the DOT letters on the tail lights.
I got pulled over for that as well once, then showed him the DOT letters. He looked at my bike for a bit then harassed my about needing a rear red reflector (was removed with the rest of the huge fender).
You will win, but its a shame you need to waste your time doing it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Same thing happened to me but I don't have DOT on my aftermarket undertail. I went to court and bought in pics from local dealers and showed them to the judge and he dismissed the case. LOL Fight the system!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll admit that I want to be a cop, but since I am a motorvehicle enthusiast I won't pull shit like this. I will, however, pull people over to check out their rides if possible. Some cops are dicks and some are cool, I've had a few let me go when I should have gone to jail. Anyways sucks for you, I hope you win so you can give a huge grin at him when you leave.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Can't say i've ever been pulled over for it.....My Dad is a Houston Police Officer....he says that here atleast nothing should be wrong with that..... Let's face it some Cops are just [/img]http://www.funnysnaps.com/photodonut.jpg

·
Registered
302 Posts
DINO_ONE said:
Same thing happened to me but I don't have DOT on my aftermarket undertail. I went to court and bought in pics from local dealers and showed them to the judge and he dismissed the case. LOL Fight the system!!!!
I love it when the law works agianst the fuzz...

What other reason would a cop pull you over for that other then to waste your time, sometimes I just don't understand...off topic but last night I was watching COPS, and damn some of those cops will come up and close line a dude to the ground, HARD for no real reason. And no sign of danger that the dudes going to do something, really rediculous at times.

carry on

·
Registered
784 Posts
I asked a cop once why they pull motorcycles over a lot for no reason at all. When I asked if it was just to harass them he got a little angry with me, but he told me that police statistics show that 30-40% of motorcycle riders don't have a motorcycle endorsement, so they are trying to catch people without them. Not sure how true it is, but that is what I was told.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was pulled over in Salt lake city utah because my exhaust appeared to be altered I was just minding my own buisness sitting at a light when a cop pulls out of a bank and hits the lights I'm like WTF :cuss so he kept me there for a half hour bitching me out becuz I didn't have an endorsement so he gave me a ticket for no endorsement and no proof of insurance because I had just bought the bike that same week I didnt have it insured yet I know I shoulda had insurance well anyway that whole ordeal is going to cost me $695 plus two 5 hour class they really :hump me on this one
Also 3 days later I got pulled over becuz I was with a group of friends and we were sitting at a lght waiting to turn forever it didn't change so we all ran it were out in the middle of no where BFE no cars in sight there just so happened to be a motorcycle UHP hiding in some bushes long story short we all got busted no endorsement and red light violation $197X4 $788

·
Registered
47 Posts
what a bunch of BS. You should of told him he might as well pulled himself over for having blue and red lights on his car.

I wonder if those Lexus rx330 or whatever those small suv's are, get pulled over for totally clear tail lights with LED's. I don't think there's any reflector in them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ive heard of cops pulling people over in 2003-2004 r6s because they claimed one side of the headlights was out and that they needed it fixed...

·
Registered
47 Posts
BOOSTjunkie said:
ive heard of cops pulling people over in 2003-2004 r6s because they claimed one side of the headlights was out and that they needed it fixed...
It happens to many other bikes too. Then if you compensate by running with your hi's on you'll get a ticket for that as well.

The cops that do that probably have to think of a PC since they had no reason for pulling over the bike in the first place, other then to see if they could get a chase going.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BOOSTjunkie said:
had that happen to me a few months back too! right the cops in tampa bay area are planning a big bust against us streetbikers. they've been taking pics of our bieks and license plates along with any gear we may be wearing to match us to our bikes when it comes time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
OvaYAhead said:
what a bunch of BS. You should of told him he might as well pulled himself over for having blue and red lights on his car.

I wonder if those Lexus rx330 or whatever those small suv's are, get pulled over for totally clear tail lights with LED's. I don't think there's any reflector in them.
(look on the bumper, there are reflectors)

·
Registered
476 Posts
cops in fla can suck and can be cool.

I get pulled over because I still had the dealer tag on, and he told me it is completely illegal to have it folded like it was. But when I told him thats the way all bikes are sold at the dealer, he told me I was lieing... then the 2 people who were infront on me doubble back and they both had folded dealer tags as well. I got off, but he told me I need to have a light on my tag... and he said he used to ride an indian crusier... so he knows whats up with bike riding... ass.

Then a month later I got waved over for being a shithead (too fast in first gear on a back street) but the cop was busy writting a million cars parking tickets (there was a local concert on the beach) and looked at my info and I was cool respectful with him and had on full gear and he let me go with a very stern verbal warning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts