Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so the story behind my bike in a nutshell is as follows: i purchased the bike from its original owner back in august of '08. it was originally charcoal, pretty beat up, and stock.it came with cracked fairings all around, cracked headlights, scratches, and was filthy. it ran well, thats all that mattered to me. my plans were to change out most of the parts on the bike anyhow. i am the previous owner of an '01 and '03 r6 but this bike is the one ive put the most time and money into. working on the bike was a great learning experience and a real project bike.the design i came up with for the bike is a combination of the 2005 motogp valencia R6, the 50th anniversary design, and the 2008 euro white scheme. i used this forum as a source for general and specific info. and for guides on much of my installs so i chose to include the forum decals as part of the design scheme :YEA

2007 R6v

Graves stainless steel full exhaust system w/ carbon fiber cannister-Power Commander III-BMC street air filter-driven front and rear sprockets -1/+2-RK gold 520 chain-

GPR v4 steering stabalizer-Galfer stainless steel brake lines w/ smoke casing-Galfer f/r brake pads-CRG black/red adjustable levers-Rizoma grips, bar ends, and mirrors

Catalyst street fairings-Dzus d-ring fasteners-Clear Alternatives red integrated tail light-Graves 03 R1 lis.plate bracket-Custom seat with quick release technology-GYTR genuine carbon fiber tank pads-sato rear spools

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Re: April '09- 2007 R6v Throwback Project Bike

very nice

·
On a journey
78 Posts

i like those mirrors. Which ones are those?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

so you did all the work with the exception of all the work? What did you actually do on the bike?
the bike's clean, ill give you that much.
everything except the paint,pc3, and brake lines. this is the first time i ever did anything on a bike, i would usually just buy the parts and take it to tthe shop to install since i dont have a real garage...may not be a difficult task to most but it was my first time so alot of the things were more involved than i expected.even the simplest thing like chaning both sprockets and the chain seemed involved because it the first time.

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts

:rolleyes:Looks real familiar........

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

:rolleyes:Looks real familiar........
haha well ive had my sights on this paint scheme ever since i laid my eyes on that 04 R1 with the valencia scheme and the pvm wheels a couple years ago...i think i know which one im talking about ;) i wont lie though, before i made my mind up with the final scheme i looked at every yamaha online with the valencia scheme and even came across yours....nice!:D

·
YZF-R you kidding?
365 Posts

Sweet!! The R6-forum decals turned out great. I will be sure to send the pictures to Josh @ Tate Design. Good Job!:YEA

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

cool..yeah their high quality and came in fast, great to deal with

·
2007 R6
1,019 Posts

haha well ive had my sights on this paint scheme ever since i laid my eyes on that 04 R1 with the valencia scheme and the pvm wheels a couple years ago...i think i know which one im talking about ;) i wont lie though, before i made my mind up with the final scheme i looked at every yamaha online with the valencia scheme and even came across yours....nice!:D

It looks really good. I think you have to see the paint scheme in person to appreciate it. Nice work.:toocool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts