Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please still keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers while he fights cancer.

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

ROTM is sponsored by BullsEyeVinyl.com

Winner will recieve two R6-Forum.com ROTM decals showing the month and year that they won.

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Well.....lets try this again, lol

some info:
The name is Robert. I fell in love with sport bikes back in 2004 when i was a junior in HS. After laying my eyes on my very first bike...i was never the same. Unfortunately I was still living at home with my parents and coming from a Hispanic culture…it was not very easy trying to convince my parents to let me get a motorcycle so the long wait started. After waiting six years, in 2010 I purchased my first sport bike, 2001 R1. I soon realized that shit was way too much for my newb ass so I sold it and gathered money to get a new bike. After saving up for four or five months I drove down to Covina, CA and picked up Pep-C. Thanks to God and my wife, my dream came true and I was able to get the bike of my dreams.
So my adventure started with Pep-C and I’ve slowly been upgrading parts here and there. I enjoy working on her and getting my hands dirty at 10PM and not regretting it in the morning. Since 2004, my life has always somewhat revolved around sport bikes and it has recently been taking up a lot of my time. My wife along with Pep-C, are my encouragement, therapy, joy, and the twinkle in my eye. It’s been hard for my wife to let me get a bike and watch me dump $$$ into her when I get nothing it return (monetary wise) but she is able to see my happiness and she has been very supportive of it.
Everyone here has a bike with a story, I don’t feel like mine is any more special than how you feel about your bike, but your vote would be more than appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Year: 2012
Model: R6
Engine:
-Akrapovic full SS/Ti/carbon fibre Evolution Racing Exhaust (ordered from Yamaha)
-Bazzaz EXUP eliminator (ebay find)
-K&N street air filter (Switching back to stock filter)
-K&N Oil filter (Switching to Mobil1)
-complete removal of EXUP servo
-Bazzaz Map Selector (home made)
-ATE SuperBlue brake fluid (picked up from ebay)
-Bazzaz AFM (purchased from Jtronix)
-Bazzaz Z-FI (ordered through Yamaha dealer)
-AGG smog block off's
-Fren Tubo type 3's from AGG
-AGG Racing SBK kit

Accessories/Chassis:
-StompGrip (black) (ebay find)
-Shermoto Gold Bi-folding Shorty levers
-Removal of stock decals (hairdryer is your friend)
-SlowBoyRacing reservoir socks
-WoodCraft cut frame sliders
-6k w/ 3k HID's from Mintsoda (ex-mintsoda now :sad)
-Gold angled valve stems (SlowBoyRacing)

Pics

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
:popcorn:

·
...Slow...
1,384 Posts
Guess I'll try again since Feb. didn't work out too well lol

Year: 2006
Model: R6 - 50th Anniversary Ed.
Engine Performance Mods: Stock (Pantie-dropper, I know :D)
Accessories: Flush Mount LED Turn Signals, Integrated LED Tail, Yamaha GYTR Spools, Swing Arm License Plate Mount

My first Yamaha, and I must say...I'm going to be hard pressed to get a different type of sport bike. The bike has exceeded many of my expectations and the 50th Anniversary edition is something to just stare at. Every time I park my pike and I'm walking away from it, I look back at it a few times. (Don't act like you guys dont' either :nocontrol)

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
My first Yamaha, and I must say...I'm going to be hard pressed to get a different type of sport bike. The bike has exceeded many of my expectations and the 50th Anniversary edition is something to just stare at. Every time I park my pike and I'm walking away from it, I look back at it a few times. (Don't act like you guys dont' either :nocontrol)
Only four pics, please update your post with four of your best pics.

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greats bikes so far. Keep them coming!

·
176 Posts
My 2008 R6,
Stock Motor
YEC ECU with kit harness
25mm Ohlins Cartridge kit
Ohlins TTX shock
Silver and blue Texalium bodywork (I made)
Texalium/carbon/ and carbon/kevlar tank slider/cover (I made)
Quick shifter
woodcraft rearsets and case guards (changing to vortex)
Vortex Sprockets, clipons and gas cap
Graves exhaust
Pit bull steering damper
Spiegler Rennsport line kit
The bike has a total of 10 Expert and Novice regional WERA championships ( previous owner and me).

The build thread for it http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151594&page=14

I still need to put numbers and sponsor stickers on but she is hitting the track this month so I figured its better to do it now lol.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
^That is nice!

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A.R.K. I want your bike! :jerkit

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts