Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go faster!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm an Instructor for Tonys Track Days and our trackday season is getting ready to kick off on April 22 and 23 in New Jersey at the awesome Thunderbolt track.

Right now, there is space available in all groups, but some are filling up quickly so don't wait too long to get in.

I know the weather may not be great where you are now, but by the end of the month it should be great down in South Jersey - especially when you're wearing full motorcycle gear!

Beginning your riding season with a trackday is the best way to dust off the winter cobwebs and sharpen your riding skills again.

If you are new to trackdays, TTD has one of the best "New Rider" programs. Check out this page for info on our New Rider Program: http://www.tonystrackdays.com/catego...track-days.htm

Feel free to post up questions here or to PM me. To order, head over to www.TonysTrackDays.com.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did a track day at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway with these guys last year. These guys are a class act! The level of organization, instructors and friendly environment made for a great day...even for a first-timer. Going back in June!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did a track day at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway with these guys last year. These guys are a class act! The level of organization, instructors and friendly environment made for a great day...even for a first-timer. Going back in June!!
Thank you!

For those interested in the Jersey track, only 2 groups ended up getting full while the other 2 are almost empty.

Bottom line is we'll see who shows up and probably end up regrouping people - and giving everyone longer sessions! :D

If you like lots of open track time in a safely run trackday - come check us out.

·
dont talk about it, do it
114 Posts
Looking into doing a track day. Never been. Been riding on street for two years now. Does my bike need to be track ready. And I've seen others advertise track lisc. After completion is this the same. Hope to hear back soon thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looking into doing a track day. Never been. Been riding on street for two years now. Does my bike need to be track ready. And I've seen others advertise track lisc. After completion is this the same. Hope to hear back soon thanks
Bike preparation depends on the organization. Here is the link for the TTD bike Prep, along with a video:

http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/99/bike-preparation.htm

Not sure what you mean about a "track lisc" ?

·
dont talk about it, do it
114 Posts
Bike preparation depends on the organization. Here is the link for the TTD bike Prep, along with a video:

http://www.tonystrackdays.com/category/99/bike-preparation.htm

Not sure what you mean about a "track lisc" ?
This is what it says on penguin website.

Race License Certification
Upon completion of the Penguin Racing School Basic Course you will be eligible for a race license anywhere in the USA.* Even if you do not plan to race, this certification will gain you eligibility to many practices closed to street riders and will gain you entry into several different advanced roadracing courses.* As of 2011, the Rookie Race for Basic students is now held on Fridays (and included in the school).* This gives you the opportunity to get a taste of racing without the commitment of a full motorcycle race preparation.*

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need to decide what you are looking to do.

If you want to go racing, then you would sign up with the Penguin BASIC program, which is how racers get licensed. Other trackdays schools also offer race licensing, by the way...Penguin is just one of them. Penguin has recently added a "trackday" option to their days as well.

If you want to do Trackdays, there is no special license. You research the organization you want to ride with - and then sign up.

At Tonys Track Days, we only offer Trackdays. There is no competition with your fellow track riders - you are all there to just have fun and learn how to ride better. Many of our customers have moved on to racing after doing trackdays for a few years and deciding they want the "competition" portion of track riding.

Hope this helps you? If not, I suggest you just show up and watch a trackday (if you're not ready to sign up). While there, you will see what a trackday is, and I'm sure there will be some racers in attendance that you can ask more questions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts