Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So i have this problem. I have an Arai Rx-7 Corsair Helmet which fits like a charm. However i lost a lot of weight and now when i ride on the freeway my helmet lifts off my head. I can feel a lot of air above my head and my helmet raisies up which makes it very annoying when its windy outside. I have tried everything closed all my inlets and closed my outlets, closed my mouth inlet, closed my face shield all the way and even tucked. I even strap the thing down so much i can feel it when i swallow. Nothing helps.

I tried on a large but my lips touch the front of the helmet. Its like im in between a large and an XL. Has anyone had these issues? I really like the feel of the Arai helmets and am not looking to change. I did hear that you could by thicker skull caps but have not seen any for sale.

Any and all info most appreciated.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
if your helmet feels too loose...try buying the cheek pads (30bucks) removable via velcro inside your helmet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
for the cost, do yourself and your head a favor and get a helmet that fits. its your head, an extra $500 for the protection to me is worth it .

·
Registered
204 Posts
consider another manufacture of helmets then such as shoei?

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
but arai sells the pads so u can get the right fit for you^
most helmet companies have 2 different shell sizes to range from xs-xl, they just have different thicknesses of pads.
arai has 3 i believe.

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Curious....Ill look into it but i think i am going to buy a new helmet anyways. Still have to be XL but ill keep the cheek pads in mind. Thanks!

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
just remember when buying a new one to get a snug fit, the pads always break in a fair bit once worn a few hours.
if the XL arai is to big, almost every other brand in XL will be too, except Suomy.
XL Suomy is real close to L Arai.

·
nova r6
3,228 Posts
had the same problem with the helmet lifting off my head and i noticed it was happening with one jacket i was wearing, it has almost like a turtle neck on it and wind from the zippers was going through the jacket and pushing up through the collar into the helmet making it seem like its coming off my head. Take a look at ur jacket just a thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts