Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I guess I can skip to what's important first....

(It's a SMALL by the way)

I bought the helmet from Motomummy back in December and based my size selection (SMALL) on the chart provided on Arai's website. I've since had the chance to try on an extra small and found that it fits me with a little less wiggle room. Yeah, I know, I should've tried one on prior to buying, but I've been through this before with other helmets and had pretty good luck guessing fitment.

The helmet is in very good condition. I have never dropped the helmet and have kept it the carry sack between uses. However, I should point out that there are 3 small blemishes on the left side of the helmet just above the ear (see last image). This is from repeated stupidity of me bumping my bike on the way out of the garage. I just put a coat of wax on the helmet to help protect it and fight off bugs. I will include the carry sack, clear and smoke visors, the warranty card, instructional CD-ROM, and some literature about the helmet. If needed for warranty purposes and proof of purchase, I have the sales invoice from Motomummy for the helmet still.

I have owned several helmets in the past, but none more comfortable and better constructed than the Arai. The only downside that I have found to the helmet is that it tends to be rather noisy. The visor locking mechanism works perfectly for quick and easy changing of the visors. The helmet is very well vented with 6 sealable venting ports and 2 additional eyebrow vents on the visor.

I am asking $340.00 for the helmet which includes shipping within the US.

If you would like additional photos or information send a PM or email me at [email protected] or call me anytime at 910-587-1391. The name's Ryan.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CJr, sorry for the delay. Not really sure how to answer your question, but I can tell you that I've had the helmet since December. I've worn it for about 2700 miles worth of use, so I guess you can figure from that.

Just prior to these photos I washed the liner, so it may seem a little wrinkled and out of shape. If the liner is still a concern, I believe Arai sells replacements at a fair price.

Hope this helped, thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
917 Posts
isnt it true that the arai helmets are the same size xs-m and l-xxl but they just put different cheek pads and liners inside to change the size? Why didnt you just change that instead of buying a new helmet?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe part of what you guys are saying is true. The difference comes in the thickness of the actual pads inside the helmet, not the liner. From an extra small to a small the thickness jumps by a whooping 3mm (7mm to 10mm). Seems small until you consider that's an almost 50% addition in thickness. I have tried swapping out liners, but I really can't argue with the difference I feel. So devin, you may be right in that the helmet shells are essentially the same size, but its the pads that create the difference in fitment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts