Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an '06 today with no mirrors and it looked sexy as hell, only problem is that I use my mirrors regularly. Those of you who have had experience with them, can you tell me if the visibility is as good as the stock mirrors (not that theyre all that great anyway), and can you recommend a good set?

I took my mirrors off the other day to see how much i really use them and it drove me nuts not having them on there.
I ride with a bunch of cruisers so I am constantly looking behind me to see how far back they are, and the occasional look for a cop.

Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
josh2145 said:
I saw an '06 today with no mirrors and it looked sexy as hell, only problem is that I use my mirrors regularly. Those of you who have had experience with them, can you tell me if the visibility is as good as the stock mirrors (not that theyre all that great anyway), and can you recommend a good set?

I took my mirrors off the other day to see how much i really use them and it drove me nuts not having them on there.
I ride with a bunch of cruisers so I am constantly looking behind me to see how far back they are, and the occasional look for a cop.

Thanks in advance...

You have to get used to them. I would at least put on a CRG bar end mirror. You can get everything from www.tobefast.com Actually, you can see pretty good out of it. The left side is all you need to do. Of course, nothing beats a look over the rear shoulder. You will need the CRG mirror and adaptor. I also put on a set of Greggs bar ends.

·
Site Sponsor- I eat my R6
267 Posts
I rode Southern118's 06 R6 with bar end mirrors and though I liked the bike, I could not stand the mirrors. You couldn't see a damn thing through those tiny little mirrors. You couldn't give me a set.............

Ian

·
Registered
647 Posts
hey skeeter

can you show us a pic of the whole bike

would like to see what it looks like without the stocker mirrors and your set up

cheers in advanced

·
Registered
735 Posts
I ordered a set of pig spotters to keep it legal cause i cant see jack out of even the stock mirrors anyways. i allways turn my head anyways.

·
I speed....therefore i am
509 Posts
mirrors look stupid. you dont need mirrors anyway, look over your shoulder. get in the habbit of doing that ALL the time. never trust a mirror. :fact

·
Registered
735 Posts
EXACTALLY!

Damn law for em.
The pigspotters are practically invisible tho.

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
gts_guy said:
hey skeeter

can you show us a pic of the whole bike

would like to see what it looks like without the stocker mirrors and your set up

cheers in advanced
No problem. Here's a few of it. I still need to put on the black plastic rear cowl.

·
Registered
647 Posts
cheers mate

bike looks nice

·
Registered
735 Posts
Those wave rotors are fly man.

I want a set of Galfers but i dont wanna spend 2 bikes payments on it.

·
For all your Aux needs...
788 Posts
i love the no mirrors look from the side, but with the db puig somethin just looks funny to me. maybe i just gotta get used to it.

maybe it's just me, but i use my mirrors all the time. I usually make mental notes of what cages are around me and use the mirrors to look for fast moving vehicles that might wind up near me soon.

·
Registered
735 Posts
How tall are you?

·
For all your Aux needs...
788 Posts
5'7

1 - 13 of 13 Posts