Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

The manual details how the numbers stamped into the case (along with the numbers on the crank) will determine which size bearings to use.

I've got 2 different used cases: one's got a bad cylinder, the other's got a badly broken lower case. If both cases have the same "bearing" numbers, can I use the top of one with the bottom of the other?

In other words, are they line-bored as an assembly to the point where they can only be used together? (Or are like parts interchangeable?)

·
Tha 5 star Manic Mechanic
1,126 Posts
Help!

The manual details how the numbers stamped into the case (along with the numbers on the crank) will determine which size bearings to use.

I've got 2 different used cases: one's got a bad cylinder, the other's got a badly broken lower case. If both cases have the same "bearing" numbers, can I use the top of one with the bottom of the other?

In other words, are they line-bored as an assembly to the point where they can only be used together? (Or are like parts interchangeable?)
They have to be used as a set, they are machined together. The numbers only tell how far the bearing boses have been machined. This is the reason that the cases are only sold as a set, I would'nt try to circumvent the system on this one either, can it be done? possibly, but it would never be "right"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts