Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I press the front brakes on my '00 r6 they are really jumpy. It feels like someone is pulling and releasing the brakes really fast. Could this just be air in the brake line and need to be bled or is it something else ??? I could really use the help.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
You mean it's pulsing? Like a vibration you feel through the lever when you are on the brake? If so, that's caused by warped rotors.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Check the pads too. I recently wore a set down to the metal backing plates and they got really weird when they were close to running out of material. The lever would get randomly really firm and grabby.

It doesn't sound like air in the lines though.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
warped rotor or bad pads or both.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I had a worn master cylinder that was notchy on my 02. I could brake very lightly no problem but as soon as I would grab a bit more the front end would dive because the MC was binding then pushing too much fluid.

Pulsing in the lever is a different story and can be a warped rotor or even carbon deposits on the rotors

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The brake lever doesn't really vibrate but the brakes cause the whole bike to jump when I try to stop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad Brakes?

When I hit the front brakes on my r6 my bike dives down and then releases over and over. It feels like I am brake checking someone really hard over and over. I am not really sure if I need new rotors and pads or if the calipers are messed up. I really don't want to buy something it is not needed but I have to fix it soon because stopping without front and rear brakes can be a little dangerous. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts