Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I am good enough to go for a novice track day yet. As far as I am concerned I am a decent rider but I know I need to learn a lot more and I was wondering are there any classes available that can teach me better riding techniques without going for a track day?

·
Registered
120 Posts
from what i am told, they have different levels. ie.. beginner and up. i guess the best thing to do is call a track around you and see what they think. some of you that have taken a track day.....did you do one when you were brand new?

·
Raised on paint chips
432 Posts
hit any track day and ride in the street group. tell the control rider that you want to learn and they will always take you under their wing.
just steer clear of NESBA. they blow.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
the novice group will have anywhere from people just learning how to ride the bike, to people that are new to the track. If you can handle yourself anywhere near decently on the street, you'll be fine in the beginner track group.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, I thought that the novice was for people that were novice to racing but very good street riders if you know wha I mean. I can handle myself pretty good on the street I just don't get a chance to ride with other sportbikes to help push me to develop more then I am at.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I'd bet your biggest obstacle would be the other riders since you have never ridden with others yet.

with everyone riding next, in front, and behind you it can be nerve racking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try sportbiketracktime.com the offer trackdays thru out the country and the novice group goes to class after each session and they teach you different things to work on each time you go out then they open it up at the end of the day. Great class for fist timers on the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts