Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that my bike has RRP sprocket on it. The Stamped #'s are RRM10-50. Does this mean that my gearing is 10 on the front and 50 on the rear? Are the stock 16/48?

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I realize that my bike has RRP sprocket on it. The Stamped #'s are RRM10-50. Does this mean that my gearing is 10 on the front and 50 on the rear? Are the stock 16/48?
What year is the bike? The 03-05 and 06+ R6S run 16/48.

Are both sprockets stamped with "RRM10-50"? If so, then the numbers have nothing to do with the tooth count ... since one sprocket obviously cannot know the tooth count on the other sprocket. :laugh If you mean, one is RRM-10 and one is RRM-50 ... maybe for the rear, but there's no way you have a 10 tooth front sprocket.

You can always just count the teeth.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I counted the front and rear sprockets. 15 Front 50 Rear.
How much do you think the speedometer is off from the true mph?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I counted the front and rear sprockets. 15 Front 50 Rear.
How much do you think the speedometer is off from the true mph?
So you're -1 +2, a common setup.

There are a few gearing calculators online that'll help you determine how far off it is. For the life of me, I can't think of the name of it. Gearingcommander.com or something? Maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Keep in mind that it's a percentage increase, so if it says 60mph you might actually be going 50mph, but if it reads 120mph, you may be going 100mph. It won't always be "10mph" off.*

*numbers are for explaining purposes only

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I figured.
Is there any way to reprogram to get the mph correct?

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does this sprocket set up also change the odometer reading?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes your odometer will be off as well, since the miles are calculated by how fast the front sprocket is turning. Both speed and odo readings will be wrong. Only a speed-o-healer will fix these issues, or flashing the ECU. I'd recommend the cheaper of the two and getting the speed-o-healer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where can I get the original sprockets and chain? I want my top end.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Where can I get the original sprockets and chain? I want my top end.
from your local dealer. or, you can go to sportbike track gear and get a suitable replacement chain in the original gearing.

but, please do everyone a favor by not topping-out your bike on the street. that's what the track is for...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Of course, I want better fuel mileage also.
Is it a bad idea to buy used sprockets?

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
nobody buys an r6 for fuel mileage.

NEVER EVER buy used sprockets...

s3aturnr
+1 ^^.
Talk to ChiefSmokeDawg on the forum. He can hook you up with a proper flash , even sprockets. .:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts