Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, two quick questions for you guys. I just put on some armor bodies race fairings on my 2007 R6. I also bought some woodcraft frame sliders. It looks like I will have to do quite a lot of cutting to install the sliders. I also have gbracing case covers and eti tank covers.

1) Should I cut the fairings and install the sliders or just go without frame sliders? I could always sell the woodcraft sliders.

2) My tail still moves around (up and down) a lot after the install. I think I need a bolt on the top side of it to keep it stationary and not flapping in the wind. Any idea how to mark and drill this properly. Its not pre marked at all.

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

-Matt

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
As for your tail section, mine did the same thing... What I did was use the mounting hole on the subframe used for OEM fairings and I drilled a hole in the top of the tail and put a DZUS fastener through that hole. Works like a charm! I can post a picture later today if you want.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
How do you mount a tail cam if the tail flops around? An oversight during design to leave out a bolt spot at the end of the subframe so it dont flop around?
I'm not sure, but my sharkskinz did the same thing.. I just kinda eyeballed it, then drilled the right size.. then put on a DZUS clip, then put the fastener in position, boom. 15 minutes.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
I am thinking about ordering them ETI tank sliders...they worth it?
Take it from a guy that used to have Traxxion sliders... I would never buy those things again. The ETI look pretty legit though.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
I've got a set of those ETI's... Haven't crashed them yet but the coverage and mounting of them is great! They look like they will do their job when and if I lay it down... My Armor Bodies should be here in about a week as well... Looking forward to throwing some sick paint on them and getting this build wrapped up...

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
I've got a set of those ETI's... Haven't crashed them yet but the coverage and mounting of them is great! They look like they will do their job when and if I lay it down... My Armor Bodies should be here in about a week as well... Looking forward to throwing some sick paint on them and getting this build wrapped up...
If this season goes anything like last season, I'll crash test them myself on Memorial Day weekend. I'll report back with my findings. :laugh

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
If this season goes anything like last season, I'll crash test them myself on Memorial Day weekend. I'll report back with my findings. :laugh
:laugh

Plan on crashing?!?! :laugh

·
iRun
33,319 Posts

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just finished the ETI install and they fit and look great. Drill just ran out of juice and I just loaned my spare battery to a friend. I'm going to see if I can line up and mark out the woodcrafts for install a bit later.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Did the Traxxion sliders not protect the tank at all? What happened when you took the spill?
The rumble strips took the Traxxion slider right off. I think they helped a little because they got scuffed, but there was definitely extra damage to my tank. :nono

1 - 20 of 35 Posts