Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once again the sale is back just like last year around this time. limited quantity on brand new in the box Arrow headers with midpipes

LAST YEARS THREAD

Stainless steel headers for

R6 2006-2011
simply requires midpipe being cut down to length of your choosing. Very easy and takes literally 20 seconds. Run whatever exhaust you like

R6 99-05 as well as the R6s model will bolt right up.

FAQ

Why does that first header picture look like that and how does it connect to the motor? I simply did not put the collars on before the picture was taken.

Do I need fuel management? Depending on the year bike you have the answer is yes. Power commanders or Bazzaz units just to name a couple are great piggy back systems.

Is there an o2 bung? no, however one can be welded on

How much of the midpipe needs to be cut for my 2006+ R6? For every exhaust it may be different, I would cut them prior to shipping out but in the event too much material is removed it would cause problems. The midpipes material is cardboard paper thin so most any saws should work.

How many lbs. are the headers? just about 6-7 lbs with the midpipe. with a little of the mid shaved should be closer to 6lbs

Whats the material? Stainless steel.

Do you have titanium headers? At the moment no and for the average street rider or track enthusiasts you may not reap the benefits of running tit vs a ss. For the most part titanium will be a slightly lighter and cools down a little quicker. Other than that there are no significant differences in how your bike will perform.

Are you negotiable on your price? yes, I certainly am. just shoot me a pm and we will work something out I assure you. during these economic times motorcycle enthusiasts are looking for superior products at a reasonable price.

All headers come ready to install out the box. Collector (header), midpipe, springs, metal lubricant, sticker, collars and spring puller.
If something was not covered in this FAQ your more than welcome to ask in this thread or pm. You can also call or text if need be (pm for the #)

325.00 plus shipping. includes tracking, postage, insurance and paypal fee. pm me if need be.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i LOVE the fact that you're doing this outta your house. makes me respect the hard work even moreso. :fact

good luck homie - those pics remind me of my "study desk" area. haha. more like storage desk. ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i LOVE the fact that you're doing this outta your house. makes me respect the hard work even moreso. :fact

good luck homie - those pics remind me of my "study desk" area. haha. more like storage desk. ;)

not sure if this was a complement or sarcasm as I have pissed off other vendors before on other sites. i will take it as a complement though.
Im still in college so I dont have enough money for a location. had to settle on my basement. A couple members on the forum have been to my house/office/desk/storage room/

INSTALL PIC ON PAGE 7 #65
more install pics on page 11 #104 and DYNO #105

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Great deal!!!

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts

not sure if this was a complement or sarcasm as I have pissed off other vendors before on other sites. i will take it as a complement though.
Im still in college so I dont have enough money for a location. had to settle on my basement. A couple members on the forum have been to my house/office/desk/storage room/
I have totally taken over the garage and my dining room. I'm pretty sure my wife hates me right now. :lmao

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
a compliment... no doubt. my study is destroyed as i work from home as well (architect).

I have totally taken over the garage and my dining room. I'm pretty sure my wife hates me right now. :lmao
you and me both. haha

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
for the 06+ headers is all you have to do cut them down to size or is it like the 05 header mod where you have to add the adapter to reduce the diameter of the exit so you can fit the stock or aftermarket can

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will this really help much for the r6s since the cat was in the stock exhaust?
you have R&d from arrow, lighter material..... list goes on

for the 06+ headers is all you have to do cut them down to size or is it like the 05 header mod where you have to add the adapter to reduce the diameter of the exit so you can fit the stock or aftermarket can
from what I have seen you dont have to reduce anything. there is a link at the top of the first post from last year. no one reported doing anything more than cutting down the mid.

Does the 07 "s" have a CAT? I dont think so... So the only difference for you is that youll be getting SS pipes
little more to it than that.

·
Respect the 6
555 Posts
do you have pics of these on a bike, preferably a 3rd gen? Im interested. Im curious to know if these stick out farther in the front and lower on the bottom and contact the fairings like the 05 mod does.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I get these arrow headers, will I need a ypipe / cat eliminator?

09r6
no you wont, there is no cat its a race header.
do you have pics of these on a bike, preferably a 3rd gen? Im interested. Im curious to know if these stick out farther in the front and lower on the bottom and contact the fairings like the 05 mod does.
we did but they were deleted in the old post

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awesome. my damper needs to sell asap
no problem, I'll be here.
also i dont remember any reports of fairings getting burned or any issues of that sort and that was based from the micron headers and arrow headers last year around this time.

two solutions are wrapping the headers which I dont necessarily like or the other solution is to simply put exhaust heat tape on the inside of your fairings.

·
None
62 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what is the advantage of joining two pipes together closer to the head, and running them together for a bit before joining into one? Does it change torque curve? Have you dyno tested the pipes.

They certainly look like a quality product at a resonable price.

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just out of curiousity, what is the advantage of joining two pipes together closer to the head, and running them together for a bit before joining into one? Does it change torque curve? Have you dyno tested the pipes.

They certainly look like a quality product at a resonable price.

Thanks,
Richard
not sure I follow you on what your asking. there are dyno charts in the exhaust forum and this are top notch quality.

arrow products are hand built and imported from Italy

1 - 20 of 154 Posts