Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TB Times - clicky

You know... You dont see people bitching and moaning about the kids in the ghetto sitting on the corner selling crack an heroin to druggies that end up overdosing. They sit there an refuse to work only cause they want to make easy money. BUT then we get attacked for riding a bike? Almost every motorcycle rider holds a full time job- you have to, bikes are expensive to maintain and buy. Were not 'breaking the law' by riding, its our hobbie, our passion and we enjoy doing it. Many of us dont even own cars- when it rains we get wet and smile doing it. Why is it so wrong? Yea we speed occasionally- some more than others. BUT their not understanding that riding NEXT to a car at the same pace is even MORE dangerous then passing them cause most cagers are f*king morons an turn right into you. If they want to minimise speeding, how about making a motorcycle only lane that we dont have to worry about people cutting in front of us, slamming on brakes, turning into us, text messaging, eating, newspaper, disciplining their arrogent 9 year old children in the 3rd row of their SUV.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
all of us are going to pay for the ignorant ones doing the wheelies, running from cops, and speeding down the highway.

I heard Florida is proposing a law that will allow law enforcement to confiscate a motorcycle if you are speeding in excess of 30mph.

·
rockin the '08
3,074 Posts
blue03r6 said:
all of us are going to pay for the ignorant ones doing the wheelies, running from cops, and speeding down the highway.

I heard Florida is proposing a law that will allow law enforcement to confiscate a motorcycle if you are speeding in excess of 30mph.
they have that law in Toronto, Ontario. If you're caught doing more than 50kmh over the posted limit you can kiss your car goodbye.

Also...I agree with the first part of your post. When I watch tv shows glamourizing retards who stunt on public streets it makes me mad. There's a time and place for that sort of thing and it's not on public roads. Take the speed to the track and the wheelie BS to an empty parking lot somewhere.

It's sad that there are so few who ruin it for so many.

BUt that article seems largely based on dug up statistics and was clearly not written by someone who rides if you ask me.

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
blue03r6 said:
as bad as it sound those are the types of rules that make lots of riders run.

news said:
"The bikes are dangerous," said Lindsay Marino, whose 21-year-old boyfriend was killed in August when his Kawasaki sport motorcycle struck a guardrail on Interstate 275 in St. Petersburg. "To get your bike up to 80 is quick. If you fall, you just go flying. A rock in the road can just throw you off."
so should we be scared of rocks???? :eek5

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blue03r6 said:

Thats correct, its actually being revised to in excess of 50mph cause they said 30mph targeted bikers too much. Because if a car was going 30+ they would just issue a ticket, but a bike would be taken. So its supposed to be changed to 50+ for car or bike so it doesnt single out bikers.

I too think this will cause alot more bikers to run tho, if you know for a fact your bike is going to be taken and your motorcycle license will be taken for 10 years, then that puts your balls to the bandsaw and forces you to make a serious choice. Cops have a hard enough time catching bikes in my area as it is, this is just gonna make bikers flee 10x more.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
exindust said:
good god, he flipped an SUV.

yep, i drove passed that accident it was a few miles from my house. The SUV was in the shape of a V and the bike was stuck inside it on its side. They said the bike was going 100mph, but from the looks of it, it seems he was goin much faster than that. The road he was traveling on is a very busy highway too, gotta be pretty dumb to go that fast down that road especially since florida is the retirement place, too many old people with no depth perception of the speed of a bike.

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
ViPeRVeNoM said:
as bad as it sound those are the types of rules that make lots of riders run.

so should we be scared of rocks???? :eek5
I'm scared of rocks :scared

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
R6 2006 said:
yep, i drove passed that accident it was a few miles from my house. The SUV was in the shape of a V and the bike was stuck inside it on its side. They said the bike was going 100mph, but from the looks of it, it seems he was goin much faster than that. The road he was traveling on is a very busy highway too, gotta be pretty dumb to go that fast down that road especially since florida is the retirement place, too many old people with no depth perception of the speed of a bike.
maybe the rider was old and mistook the gas for the brake J/K, hey its been known to happen lol. and yeah i cant say i wouldn't run to be 100% honost. lose my liscence and my bike! i wouldnt ever be caught in that predicament but, if i was and i just spent 10 grand and they were going to take my bike. i would probable take my chances.

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
I only saw two people on there whose coments stood up for those of us that ride sport bikes.

:nono

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
its not always the rider it the duma$$ in the car talking on the phone thats how a good friend of mine got killed i ride fast because i feel safe plus we al have to watch out for those a$$ holes in cars that like to ride are a$$ and cut us off so every one this year just ride how you do but ride safe and remmeber those of us that fell and didn't get back up keep them your heart and always remmeber to ride like you not there because to other drivers your not there

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spartans said:
If i was gunna get fined out my ass, a 10 year suspended license, and my bike confiscated, you better believe i am going to run.

+1 :fact

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ronny123 said:
nice write up on squids and squid-like behavior..
from what i hear florida has a huge squid problem..
oh well 2 less..

you have no idea... the squids are everywhere here, its like i live in the ocean. Im sitting at work, and just 5 minutes ago i see a group of suzuki riders all ride by, not a single one of them had a helmet on or jacket or any gear for that matter.

I wonder if they all got together an said, hey lets go for a ride w/o gear today, or if their all just really that retarded.

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
its not the cops you have to out run it the other riders with you but it helps if you ride with a cop or two they always get you out the tickets

1 - 20 of 25 Posts