Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the only difference between the ASV C5 and the ASV F3 the guarantee?
Is fitment / performance just as good? If so I might just get the F3's as they are much cheaper...

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
They're a different model/design entirely. Go big or go home, man. What bike do you have? I might have something for ya... ;)

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
on the pics I found they look the same... does anybody have pics showing the difference?
F3

C5:

...but I could be wrong. What bike do you have?

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
iirc, the c5's are billet aluminum, and the f3's are cast. meaning, they're not as strong, and the finish isn't as clean.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I think I found my answer

"ASV offers two model choices in our Sportbike unbreakable levers. Our original “C/5 Series” are CNC machined from 6061 Aluminum billet and carry a 5-year guarantee. Our C/5 are manufactured in a matte finish, color anodized in Gold, Black with a laser engraved ASV logo or Raw Aluminum with no finish or laser logos that can be customized for your own unique look . The C/5 Series starts at $125.00 each.

Our newest model "F3 Series" levers are forged from 6061 aluminum, feature the slim forged blade, carry a three year guarantee and are available in anodized colors of Gold, Blue, Red and Black with a laser engraved ASV logo. The F3 Series starts at $90.00 each."

I guess the difference is forged vs CNC'd.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
i didn't say they look different - i'm saying they're made differently and their finishes are different. the f3's aren't as "crisp" if that makes sense.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
You didn't. Pickpocket said they were Different design
They're pretty much a completely different design, the only thing really similar is the blade. The perches are different, the F3s have no adjustable wheel, the ASV logo isnt milled in to the top of the F3s, slightly different material, the list goes on. Besides two $90.00 F3s, arent but 20 bucks cheaper than two C5s Shipped from Corey at Motomummy. /end thread

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
i thought you sold them to red

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
I "JUST" ordered the C5's (shorties) Can't wait for them to get in!!:nocontrol

:sing

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
I "JUST" ordered the C5's (shorties) Can't wait for them to get in!!:nocontrol

$117 For the set... (dealer hook up:sing)
where the forum hook up

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
where the forum hook up
well, ASV has a promotion this month for shop employees.

I don't think I could of gotten away with a group buy... lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts