Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been on this forum for about a year and a half, just lurking in the shadows :rolleyes: I finally made an account because I'm headed up to Tulsa Oklahoma to pick up a new 07 R6 at K&N Motorcycles from Sam Mcdonald. (Cool guy, rebuilt JRShof's motor for almost nothing) I'll be trucking it back to TX.

Anyways, I always told myself I'd have to have the Euro Red/White plastics. I know you can get copies from cali cars and bikes, ebay, etc.. But I want the OEM ones. No one has imported them into the US, NO ONE! Long story short, I have a guy that sells OEM sets and really wants to import these. I know there are more of you out there that want a set really bad just like me.

So with that said...

Would any of you Euro guys be willing to work with me or put me in contact with your local dealer and see if the dealer would be willing to sell OEM white/red fairings in BULK and ship them to me here? This would be great, all of us USA guys would all have a way to get our hands on genuine OEM Euro stuff, not just red/white... but everything...08 Blue/White, Black/Red, Gold 08 wheels...all the cool stuff Europe got that we didnt. :werd

It'd be great if we could do this... Let me know if any of you Europe guys would help! :D :usa

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Good luck bro they will be expensive. Your probably better off doing a custom job for that kind of money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i know for a fact that all r6's sold as race bikes, ie- to race teams( no vat, no reg) leave japan in red white, not sure if its only the european 1's but its worth asking any race team near you, as race teams are always looking to shift stock bodywork. hope this helps

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
When I was searching for peg covers I just Googled Yamaha Dealers uk and got some phone numbers and talked to a few dealers. Unfortunately the covers aren't yet available for the 08, but they said they would be more than happy to send me some when they are. I realize these are very small compared to a full set of plastics, but you might want to talk to a dealer over there personally. Good luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I was searching for peg covers I just Googled Yamaha Dealers uk and got some phone numbers and talked to a few dealers. Unfortunately the covers aren't yet available for the 08, but they said they would be more than happy to send me some when they are. I realize these are very small compared to a full set of plastics, but you might want to talk to a dealer over there personally. Good luck

Yeah that's my next step. I've been emailing them and they havent responded.

Guess I'm gunna go buy a UK calling card and make some calls. I always told myself when I own an R6 I have to have red/white fairings. I'll do anything to get my hands on a set. Ive considered cali cars and bikes but dont know anyone that can give a review on them. I'll even do a trade with one of you euro guys for my candy apple plastics. Yall cant get those there and I cant get the red/white fairings here... it'd be perfect.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know for a fact that all r6's sold as race bikes, ie- to race teams( no vat, no reg) leave japan in red white, not sure if its only the european 1's but its worth asking any race team near you, as race teams are always looking to shift stock bodywork. hope this helps
hmmm that's an idea. I'm trying everything lol

Just curious, how'd you find that out?

·
Banned
441 Posts
Yes its Def only the Euro and I THINK Australian bikes that are in the Red/White

·
My R6 eats twisties
156 Posts
Canada received the red/white as a "Canadian Edition" special version and Australia received the red/white as a standard colour (which I am thankful for everyday :) ). So maybe a Canadian dealer would be able to help you more easily, plus shipping would probably cost a lot less.

Good luck

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
I could put you in contact with my dealer here - they'd get them for you; but dude, I don't know if you have any idea how much we pay for plastics here compared to what you pay in the states - UK and continental Europe - ATLEAST 40% more than you after you consider shipping taxes and VAT - then you have to get them shipped over to the states, you'd be looking at more than double the price of new plastics there. If it's worth it for you, my dealer here in Bulgaria will get whatever you want - I can give you the numbers if you want to give a ring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts