Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am helping a friend pick out a new exhaust and I think an Olson slip on is gonna be the way to go. The bike already has a full exhaust with a megaphone on it but no PC. Anyways, if we add a PCV what map can we use to make the bike run correctly? Is there an Olson specific map available somewhere? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I considered autotune, but if there is a map somewhere that works well than its hard to justify spending the $ on autotune. Hence the reason for this post!

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
I think the Leo Vince map works well for most folks with headers + slipon. Definitely try that one first and possibly mod it yourself or get the bike dyno'd. The autotune is kinda pricey, but could be helpful.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump! Anybody have anything to add?

the $$ spent on auto tune is real good investment. You can always sell it after getting a good map for your setup ;)
So after using autotune the PCV will remember the settings and I can take the autotune off? If that works thats prob the way to go!

aren't you such a good friend! very lucky guy/girl hehe ;)
Yes, yes I am :fact

I think the Leo Vince map works well for most folks with headers + slipon. Definitely try that one first and possibly mod it yourself or get the bike dyno'd. The autotune is kinda pricey, but could be helpful.
If we dont go with the autotune then I suppose we can start there! Although if what Rammy is saying above means what I think it does then I think thats gonna be the way to go.......

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Bump! Anybody have anything to add?

So after using autotune the PCV will remember the settings and I can take the autotune off? If that works thats prob the way to go!

If we dont go with the autotune then I suppose we can start there! Although if what Rammy is saying above means what I think it does then I think thats gonna be the way to go.......

Am sure once you log enough data from the auto tune, correct you map so that you are happy, then save that map and stop collecting data, you can sell the auto tuner. Recoup most of your money back ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet, I think that may be the plan then! That way I can use it on my bike too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts