Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question

I have everything installed and working perfectly for my projectors, but some of the wires still tug on the dust caps when I move the clip-ons back and forth. 9/10 times this makes the dust cap(s) fall off, and if I'm riding in the rain (god forbid), this could cause a problem.

I've tried hot-gluing the caps to the headlight housing but that doesn't work... Does anyone know a good way to keep the caps attached to the housing?

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
I have a quick question

I have everything installed and working perfectly for my projectors, but some of the wires still tug on the dust caps when I move the clip-ons back and forth. 9/10 times this makes the dust cap(s) fall off, and if I'm riding in the rain (god forbid), this could cause a problem.

I've tried hot-gluing the caps to the headlight housing but that doesn't work... Does anyone know a good way to keep the caps attached to the housing?
Extend your wires so there is enough slack?

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't ride in the rain. :sing
seriously though, why not just splice in an extra 2-3" of wire or so? what i would do...
Fair enough. That's what I'll be doing then.. I just hate the idea of having it all look chopped up.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
get some of that "mesh cover" so after you heat shrink it all back together, you can cover it with that single run of 'mesh' and you're good to go. that's what i would do.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Fair enough. That's what I'll be doing then.. I just hate the idea of having it all look chopped up.
I'd just make the splices really close to each device that the wires run to that way all you can see is continuous wire....and only you would know other wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts