Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 297 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
So let me see if i understand this?

I can use these as turn signals right... so i have flushmounts but they are only two wire not three with the running lights which is fine.

I could just wire them into the turn signals positive wire right, an then they would come on along with my flushies?

:confused:
If you just want them as turn signals then connect them to the flushmounts. But if you want them to be both turn signal and running lights, follow my post above. On the factory side of the flushmount connector, there should be 3 wires (ground, turn signal, running light)

·
Gotta get up to get down.
1,117 Posts
^^^im pretty sure cuz it's easier, less time consuming and safer then busting open the headlights.
Awesome. Im definitely going to try this. Ordering the lights tonight. You said you used the 30cm strip right? Ill probably just wire them to a toggle. Itll give me something to do while I wait for my full leo system and pc3.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
pretty rad

·
Registered
563 Posts
looks nice wondering if i should try it? im really on the fence about this one i gotta see more pics.... op, so you have them as your turn signals or running lights? either way take photos at n ight from farther awaya if possible either way good thinking

·
Gotta get up to get down.
1,117 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Sorry I shoulda posted these also. Yes they are really bright solo!

This one is just the led on, no headlamp on. Yeah its that bright from far away!

·
Registered
206 Posts
did you wire em up to your headlight wires...they do look bright, but would be sweet as shit if both were on at same time

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
did you wire em up to your headlight wires...they do look bright, but would be sweet as shit if both were on at same time
I wired it to my flushmounts running lights. But I just boughttwo 5 pin relay so I can sync them with my running AND turn signal. :) :) will do that 1st thing tomorrow since its my day off.

I also will pick up my red mid fairings and red tank cover. Now my bike will look like my sig. :)

Nice work def cool mod what k hid do you have
I have DDM tuning 6k, 35watts that I picked up locally here in san diego. They are the best, 39.99$, definitely one of the best bang for the bucks$$!! Lol

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sweet!! Post pics up when u get it done.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i went with white..should be a fun install..good write up man
Thanks man. Yeah its a straight up and pretty fun install just be carefull when you are pry'n and tucking in the LED because you don't wanna scatch the lens or the fairings. I have strong skinny fingers so I was able to use my hands a lot.

Green LED should be an interesting one. Dude go for it! Lol. But you can't drive or signal with that though. I wanted to go red but I don't think it be legal to have red lights up front. Or is it??.......?

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Can you post up some pics of how you did your wiring?

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Can you post up some pics of how you did your wiring?
Sorry I didn't take pics of that and I am not home where the bike is. Just T off of the flushmount wires. 1 to the ground and 1 to the running wire or signal wire. You will have to extend the wire from the LED to the flushmount wires.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,314 Posts
im curious how orange the actual orange is? maybe closer to amber? im debating on whether i want to do yellow or orange as im planning on them being signals but if the orange is really orange and not closer to amber ill just stick with yellow

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
Sorry I didn't take pics of that and I am not home where the bike is. Just T off of the flushmount wires. 1 to the ground and 1 to the running wire or signal wire. You will have to extend the wire from the LED to the flushmount wires.
cool, thanks.

21 - 40 of 297 Posts