Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 297 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes. I didn't have to because my wires were already long from my flushmounts on my brake calipers. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
im curious how orange the actual orange is? maybe closer to amber? im debating on whether i want to do yellow or orange as im planning on them being signals but if the orange is really orange and not closer to amber ill just stick with yellow
if you wait till wendnesday ill tell you... i ordered the orange ones last minute lol i actually bought them and 5 min later i wrote him and said my bad i wanted to the orange ones and i should have them tomorrow but ima be in sf so first thing wednesday ill post pics and tell you my personal opinion

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I actually have orange. I ordered them Friday and they came in today. I am going to use them as turn signal on the rears but I can do a mock for you guys later tonight. Let me know. I am in san diego

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
i just got done with installing mine...although its a very good way to get the audi look for cheap...it def looks cheap once they are on the bike..im really disapointed..i spent a good hour gettting them perfect adn wired to my headlights..and once they were on 3 bulbs on each side were not functioning..so i took them off..looks great from far away..but if youre super anal about things you will not like it..

but props to guambomb for steppin outside the box and taking the time to share

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
i just got done with installing mine...although its a very good way to get the audi look for cheap...it def looks cheap once they are on the bike..im really disapointed..i spent a good hour gettting them perfect adn wired to my headlights..and once they were on 3 bulbs on each side were not functioning..so i took them off..looks great from far away..but if youre super anal about things you will not like it..

but props to guambomb for steppin outside the box and taking the time to share
You shoulda taken some pics. I wanted to see them. Did it look different from mine? It should look like mine.

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
:nono i was so mad when the lights didnt work that i just ripped them off...i tried it a few different ways tho..the way that looked the cleanest once installed was to only have the leds go along the bottom of the light..like an "eye liner" effect.. play around with it..and make sure you read online where to cut them if you do go that route...the lights didnt work because of something it did..because i would flick them and they would turn on then turn off..pretty lame.. but connectiong them to your headlights is SUPER easy..just splice them into the main headlight wires if you have an HID kit..

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
yeah dont let my experience discourage you..its def something to play around with..i am still considering putting some in the passenger peg holes..if i dont send you my pegs Jeg..

·
Registered
563 Posts
lol oh ok....... send it to me ill throw it in.... if you have the patience to take it apart lol anyways cant wait to get my orange ones installed hopefully they work out

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Don't do the orange. Especially if you have HID because it will over power the color of the orange. I did a mock, with headlights off it looks really good but when I turned on the headlights on you can barely see them. White is the way to go here. Here is a mock pic:

41 - 60 of 297 Posts