Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wanting an R6 for a while now but have just been lagging on getting it. But recently i saw Yamahas "offer" for 08 R6 and R1 ($99 a month for 36 months with 7.99%APR) and i decided, what better time than now! Might as well take advantage of this deal...

So my question is, what should i be looking for Out The Door? What other deals did you guys work in? Such as extended warranties, free gear, etc...

Thanks guys! I look forward to being a part of the R6 community!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Seems like there has been several threads in the last week asking about prices. I got my 07 for $8200 OTD. You can also try to get the dealer to throw in a FE kit or something. GL with it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thats a lot better than i expected! N by the way, what i can see of your bike looks REALy nice!

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
You do realize that that 7.99 apr will jump up after awhile... You are better off going through another insuarance company to see what their rates are. I found a steady rate of 6.29%apr financing through State Farm insurance.

In 1 day I went from 10k+ for the 08 R6 tax, title, registration, crate fees everything, to the last dealership giving me it for $9160.

Call around and ask what they can do for you, and what the other dealerships are offering and to see if they can beat it.

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
The prices of bikes vary depending upon the region you live in. The OTD in the south will be much different than the OTD in the NE for example. So you will have to judge the OTD price yourself by researching (craigslist and such) and shopping around.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, ive just never purchased any kind of bike before so i dont know if they have as much sway space as new cars or if their prices are firmly set at 9,299 (before taxes, etc...) Just trying to get the best deal i can... thanks guys!

·
Registered
458 Posts
that 99 a month is for 36 months and then it jumps to 17% apr. in other words if you only pay 99 a month for those three years you will still owe the price of the bike.. the 99 a month covers the interest only..but if you can afford like 250 300 a month its a good deal if you do the math..

·
Registered
458 Posts
ps. I got my 07 bout 3 months ago for 7600

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that 99 a month is for 36 months and then it jumps to 17% apr. in other words if you only pay 99 a month for those three years you will still owe the price of the bike.. the 99 a month covers the interest only..but if you can afford like 250 300 a month its a good deal if you do the math..
I am going to be done paying it off completely way before three years is up, i jjst like the fact that if i get into some kind of money issues anytime before i finish paying it off, i can pay only $99 a month (if i really need or want to)...

And the reason i started this thread is so i dont get the kind of deal ^^^ the above poster did just becuase i didnt ask around a little first... thanks for posting guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So if you pay off the bike within the 36 months you should still be alright then, right?

·
Broke Racer
262 Posts
Sorry, gotta post these up! :mrgreen:

Haven't even ridden the bike yet! been poopy all day, but its clearing up, and looking like 70 and Sunny tomorrow, WOOO!!!

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Ive been wanting an R6 for a while now but have just been lagging on getting it. But recently i saw Yamahas "offer" for 08 R6 and R1 ($99 a month for 36 months with 7.99%APR) and i decided, what better time than now! Might as well take advantage of this deal...

So my question is, what should i be looking for Out The Door? What other deals did you guys work in? Such as extended warranties, free gear, etc...

Thanks guys! I look forward to being a part of the R6 community!
I have worked in the car business for the last 3 years, and I currently run the internet department for a big dealership in Salt Lake City. I know this business front to back and I cant help but give my 2 cents...

The only way you can buy a bike for $99 a month for 36 months is if you put about 5-6 grand down. Think about it and do the math bro. 100 x 36 = 3600 and this is before any interest is paid. The best way to buy a car or motorcycle is to work selling price. If you are working just OTD the will hide fees in what is called the back end. (finance & fees). They do this to get their money back from the selling price. My favorite, and easiest to deal with customers pay $500 over invoice. This is a good deal for you, and it allows the dealer to make a little money too. Dont be so worried about apr because on this little amount of money it really doesnt matter. The difference in a point or 2 is minimal. Just make sure you get a fair rate for your credit situation. Also dont pay any b.s. fees. Pay the doc and registration and thats it. I also wouldnt purchase any extended warranties or service plans because the dealer always finds a way out of these especially on bikes. They are a comlete waste of money and they are almost pure profit for the dealer. If you have and engine problem and your bike has mods they wont cover it. Just keep it simple and be smart about your decision. I would also insist on taking advantage of any discounts on parts and accessories at the time of purchase. Good luck! Have fun with your new ride!

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
That makes more sense good job on your purchase!

nice bike HD1911! It looks great I bet you cant wait to ride it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts