Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Will Ride for Food
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
08 R6 from Hawaii

Hello all you R6er's I'm new to the forum, but not new to riding. Just picked up my first R6 out here in Kauai. I moved from Cali where I was riding a 07 Daytona 675 sold it before comin out here. I was a little worried about the R6 because I'm so used to the torque of the 675, but once I started riding her she made my blues go away.

Looking to take suggestions on how to clean up the bike. For starters I am going with a CA tail once they get them in and a competition werks fender eliminator. Also lookin at some flushies but can't decide which one to get. Later down the road I'm going performance and looking at a Leo Vince SBK II full exhaust. I want high quality parts so give me your input on companies that aren't going to shit out on me in 2 months. Here are some pic's the new bike plus one of my daytona. Appreciate the input and can't wait to start buildin her up.

·
Will Ride for Food
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 08 R6 from Hawaii

Thanks where's a pic of your raven? I really wanted black, but the yellow is the only color they had and with the new adjustments done to the 08 I decided it was worth the price.

Also where does everyone buy there r6 parts for online? Here in Kauai there aint shit for stores on the island and shipping is always another 20-30 dollars.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Love that bike...one of the only yellows i actually get a chub for!

Good deal goin with the flush mounts and fender elim...that'll definitely clean it up! I would also go with a new screen. As for exhaust, Leo is definitely a popular exhaust to go with. I'm not to familiar with it though cause i've just never heard it, but one of my favorites is the akrapovic. Either would be awesome and wouldnt give you problems. When you do the full id also pair it with a new filter and a pc3 as well as a -1/+2 and a speedohealer.

Love that bike...welcome!

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
clean bike...must be awesome ridin in hawaii....anyways, as for flushies definately go for protons-hands down the best...ask anyone

·
Will Ride for Food
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input I'll have to check those out. Yea its nice to ride over here were not required to wear helmets, which is pretty sweet, but at the same time stupid. It sucks cause we get sudden downpours of rain that'll hit you while your riding. Other than that can't beat riding by the beach and reving up to some of the ladies.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
nice bike!
check out micah
he's from hawaii moved to las vegas....
im Dan welcome to the forum dude

·
Will Ride for Food
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which island did he live on, Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Hawaii? It sucks all my riding buddies are back in Cali and I am stuck riding solo on somedays. One good thing there is a damn cute girl who works at the shop where I bought my bike. She rides an 08 CBR 600rr black with the graffiti graphics . We might go riding this sunday so we'll see how that goes.

My name's Steve but most people call me Yosh or Yoshi. Nice to meet all of you guys.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
the helmet thing is dumb...I think you should always wear one. I live in a state where you're not required to wear one either but still do. And if it suddenly rains it doesnt hurt in the least with my helmet and jacket on. Wish i had the scenery around here like you do though!

Good luck with the girl, i freakin love that CBR. Hopefully she compliments it well!!!

·
Will Ride for Food
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks J Buck I wasn't really a fan of the yellow when I got it, but its starting to grow on me. Out here in Kauai we don't get bikes shipped in like back in the states so what they got is pretty much what your goin to get.

We'll see if we go riding this sunday weather here is so temperamental that its sunny one minute and pouring rain the next. I gotta pick me up a helmet though for sure. I can live with out a jacket its too damn hot here for that.

She does compliment the bike very well I was pretty shocked when she told me she rode. Back in cali we never rode with any chicks they were too scared to ride. Its cool let them get there hair and nails done while were draggin knee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts