Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a question I hope some one could help me out. I dropped my bike at Texas World Speed Way during track day. I finally got it put back together but it would not start. All the damage was cosmetic, and the bike sat for 2 month. The battery have power. Also, for some reason the tail light work but the head lights and horn doesn't. Neither of those was damage. The fuel injection light is on on the diplay screen and the number 30. I don't know if the number 30 is a code or not. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
i don't know too much but i was once tld some bikes won't turn on after they've taken a fall .. try disconnecting ur battery for about 10-15 mins adn reconnect it .. im not sayin its gonna solve everythign but its a possible start .. i know with a car u can dissconn. the bat. for 10-15 mins and it will reset <- friends at teh dealer tld me about that .. ne way hope this helps .. chek ur fuses

now that i know i can edit ... after dis con the bat. then turn it on and let it idle for about another 10-15 mins .. that is if it turns on :cheers

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Also just remembered, what year is your bike?

Isn't there some kind of sensor, on FI bikes, that once it leans over so far, basically a crash, that it shuts off the fuel. Maybe that could be damaged.

But I could also be talking out my ass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
z31maniac said:
Also just remembered, what year is your bike?

Isn't there some kind of sensor, on FI bikes, that once it leans over so far, basically a crash, that it shuts off the fuel. Maybe that could be damaged.

But I could also be talking out my ass.
no your no maniac. there is a tipover switch on all the current GSXR's
but it is only while the bike goes down, once the bike is upright again the
bike can be started. picture a half moon bar with a ring on it when the bike falls to a certian deg. the ring slides on the half moon contacting a switch that shuts the bike off. if that switch is mistakingly put in upside down the bike would not start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maniac and danger, you guys are right on. The LCD screen display the number 30 which is the lean angle swtich. This switch turns off the bike if it's turned over. I just disconnected the battery and the switch to reset the ECU and the bike started right up. Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maniac, thanks you for sending me the site for the service manual. Without it I couldn't have got my bike started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having some issues also. i have a stock 2007 Yamaha R6 and i had just taken it out of storage about a week ago and i cleaned it and ran it and it started fine and everything was working but i was just waiting for my father to get the insurance on. I just got the insurance on it yesterday and was going to drive it to school it was dead and just a few days ago it was fully charged so i put a charger on it for about 20 minutes tried to start it, it started up but the throttle does not work when i turn it and it just ends up shutting itself off because theres not enought fuel going to the engine im guessing i have no idea. i changed the oil before it was put away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts