Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
YZF-er!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long time member and rider (previously owned an 05 R6 & R1) whose been out of the game for a couple of years while finishing up my undergraduate degree and spending some time working abroad.

Just picked up this 03, almost perfect condition, R6 from a fellow forum member:

I had some issues with mounting the right side passenger peg since the exhaust is a high mount, however, after some modifications I was able to get it on there yesterday. Now I just need to find a stock passenger seat for my girl, so if any of you out there know of anyone trying to get rid of theirs or have an extra one laying around PLEASE do let me know :secret

Also, I remember removing my R1 cowling decals using a hairdryer to slowly peal them off. It doesn't seem to work with the R6 decals on the tail though. Any suggestions?

Oh, and don't flame me for not searching BUT does anyone know how to properly adjust the Scotts damper? If so, can you copy/paste me the link to a related thread or just type up a few sentences for me? I'd appreciate it.

Aside from that, I'm glad to be back on the saddle! :toocool:

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
Welcome, that is a SICK bike, I love it. The blue rim tape or paint, w/e it is, is a really nice subtle touch, never seen that before.

Dunno why the decals wouldn't peel with a hairdryer... try longer? Maybe it's not vinyl or something. Are you sure it's not paint? lol.

Can't help you with the damper, sorry.

·
YZF-er!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Oh and mmx, they're actual decals. I'll try heating them up a little longer.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out with the Scotts damper or in locating a passenger seat let me know! Thanks.

·
what?
907 Posts
Clean bike bro. Welcome back! :cheers

I like those flushies... I've got the same ones, but in white.
I believe the 03 had their stickers with a clear coat on them... you may want to check that. Otherwise, a heat gun, Goof Off, and a whole lot of patience should get it off.

can't help you with the damper... ask the original owner?

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
Is that a OEM seat cowl?

·
YZF-er!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. So, after spending some time with the blow dryer and a plastic card I was able to get the decals off the tail:

Came out a lot cleaner if you ask me..

Jay: I'm pretty sure it is.

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
Jay: I'm pretty sure it is.
would you trade it for a seat? i cant have back pegs due to the high mount on mine..... that would fit a 04 right?

·
YZF-er!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would you trade it for a seat? i cant have back pegs due to the high mount on mine..... that would fit a 04 right?
Sorry man, seat cowl is worth a lot more and I rather have both to tell you the truth. Thanks for the offer though :sing

Oh and yes, it would fit.

·
BabyPuncher
492 Posts
lol @ trading a cowl for a passenger seat....

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
i'll give you an old sticker and bag of leaves for that cowl. :laugh

nice clean bike... good deal. welcome back man!

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
Sorry man, seat cowl is worth a lot more and I rather have both to tell you the truth. Thanks for the offer though :sing

Oh and yes, it would fit.
lol @ trading a cowl for a passenger seat....
lol ight, and hey you never know someone could end up doing a trade like doesnt hurt to ask lol

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts

·
YZF-er!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
:laugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts