Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 r6r6 with a two brothers exhaust. It was idleing rough so I got the power tip inset and I doubt really like it, it's too quiet now. Is there another way to increase back pressure?

·
My bike hates me
776 Posts
You can probably fix your issue just by rejetting it. Back pressure isnt as much of an issue with 4 strokes. However a higher flow exhaust will need a rejet.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
What makes you think the solution to your rough idle is to "increase back pressure"?

Have you tried any other solutions? Like clean/change air filter, change spark plugs, adjust idle speed, sync throttle bodies, check fuel pressure, clean injectors, etc?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Syncing the throttle bodies. It is using a sync gauge and making sure all the butterflies are opening at the exact same time. Having them synced correctly will make your bike purrrrrrrr just as long as you have good plugs clean air filter good fuel lines and fuel pump.

The two brothers you put on was a slipon or full system?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought it with it on so I'm not sure. I think it's just a slip on. There is video of my exhaust system on the last thread I made. Is it hard to sync?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts