Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought about this since last night was the first time I had a chance to wear this since my accident. Are back protectors like helmets as in the fact that they should be replaced after a wreck? It was in the back of my mind while riding last night and I've never see this topic touched before.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Yes they are. But, instead of tossing the back protector. Just send it my way.

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as long as you dont see obvious fracture/cracks, they should be fine
Those were my thoughts as well, but in the same respect, a lot of times you don't see obvious cracks or stress on a helmet either...and we all know to toss those ones they have seen a crash. But of course those have the impact absorbing foam shell were as back protectors don't. I'm gonna keep on keeping on. Hopefully I wont have to test it out again. :bash

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
i believe the honeycomb design doesn't need to be replaced but i think the ones like the icon back protector need to be.

·
Just made this great GTFO
178 Posts
If it takes a hard enough hit I would think about replacing it, The spot that took the hit might not be as stong as it once was. If it were to take the same hit in the same spot I would think it might not hold up.

That being said, I have a Spidi Warrior BP and it has a hard shell with foam backing, I also had a A* which I sold once I bought my Dainese (Which I no longer have) which was built different. So I would contact the maker of the back protector and ask them what they think...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts