Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how the rules go for back seat riders. Not taking any yet but just wanted to be prepared and maybe take someone in a parking lot for practice. Can you sit on the same seat bc my gf did and she prefers that then on the actual passenger seat. But I guess they put it there for a reason... Anyways list anything you would like me to know! Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
hahahhahaah.... are you kidding? You ride w/ a girl in the same seat? No, they're not supposed to sit in the same seat. Just have her sit on the back seat and tell her not to crowd you. When you're accelerating, she should be holding onto your waist. When you're stopping, then her hands should be pushing the gas tank, so she doesn't move forward on you.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
if shes tiny, like under 5 feet and under 90 pounds, then id say she can chill out on your seat, otherwuse, hit the back seat

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have done the same seat once. I will never do it again, everytime i pressed the brakes my nuts were crushed. So i say put her on the back and leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
+10 for backseat.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Oh man, keep her on the passenger seat if you ever want to have kids. +1 for hands on the gas tank when braking, otherwise she'll slam into you. Also, tell her to keep her feet on the pegs at all times, and to lean with you, unless she wants some road rash. Other than that, remember the golden rule.
"Two wheels, two balls, no exceptions"

·
Registered
48 Posts
damn the 2 of you most be toothpicks to fit both of you on the front, I know the would be no way in hell you could fit me and my girl on the front seat

·
12,482 Posts
Other than that, remember the golden rule.
"Two wheels, two balls, no exceptions"

:nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol:nocontrol

THAT'S FUQKIN GREAT!!!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
wow...i agree with everyone else with keepin her on the rear seat...if she doesnt like it tell her to get used to it or no riding lol. Also agree with pushing the gas tank while stopping, but make sure she doesnt have rings n stuff on to scratch your tank. Have her lean with you...if she doesnt want to do that tell her if she leans leans left when you lean right the bike goes strait! In my opinion lower speed, such as in a parking lot, is going to be harder to maintain your balance if you're just starting to take a passenger so id just try a really really dead street. Other than that tell her to make sure the feet are on the pegs instead of the exhaust or shes buyin a new pair of shoes...

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Remember that you're the boss, she doesn't even get on or off before you say so. More importantly, make sure she's in the proper gear. I can't tell you how many loosers I've seen in gear from head to toe ridin' around with some young hottie on the back in shorts and a T-shirt. Makes my cringe, then laugh, then cringe again.

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HaHa thanks for all the advice it was helpful as always (not trying to be sarcastic). Oh yea sorry I must have confused you with what I posted earlier. When I said she sat on the same seat I meant with the bike off and us just testing it out (the engine was off and I did not move anywhere). Were both Asian so we are tiny, I am 5'7 and shes 5'4 and pretty skinny so we both fit on the same seat (also had a full backpack/laptop included). As for where she put her feet, surprisingly she put it on the passenger pegs lol. I thought it would be uncomfortable, but she said she was fine.

I was only asking bc I would like to try it someday. Of course she would have to have all the gear that I have before anything were to happen... But all the advice was well taken, while leaning though should she be looking on my inside or outside shoulder? Im guessing outside but thats just a hunch. Thanks all again for the helpful advice Ill just tell her to stay on the back. I wont be doing this anytime soon so dont worry, cant risk the liability lol...

·
Registered
710 Posts
For which shoulder she should be looking over, I'd say either tell her to look at the back of your helmet, or inside. I'm guessing if she was looking to the outside, she'd probably have a tendency to start leaning against the turn, and before you know it everything is gonna be FUBARed.
PS You need a pic of her sitting on the front seat using the passenger pegs, because either she has a dwarf-like inseam, or her knees are jammed up into her chin. First bump you hit could knock her out :lmao

·
Registered
187 Posts
haha yea i'd like to see a picture of that to. Anyway, just put her on the passenger seat... she'll get used to it. My girlfriend didnt really like it at first... said she felt very unprotected posted up on the back like that but now shes fine.

As far as the shoulder goes, i've always told my female friends to look over my inside shoulder... you dont want her tryin to fight to hold the bike up when you go into a turn.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
my wife did that once(got down off the passeger seat) i didn't realize she was even there until i tapped the brakes to stop and the family jewels ended up touching my turn signals
she should be looking to the inside
i think i'm gonna get one of those belts with thehand holds so she can sit upright a litle more

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
back seat only.

Hold tight to waist as you accelerate

Hands on tank as you stop.

She can lean WITH you, but not lean FOR you. YOU control the bike, don;t let her try to lean into curves, or shift around.

My biggest pet peeve is when we get to a light and my GF adjusts her pants or her butt bu half standing and adjusting...the bike almost falls over if you aren't ready. We now have a system. 2 pats from me, she holds on tight. 2 pats from her, I hold the bike steady so she can move.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts