Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i recently had my first flat tire, i was runnin down the freeway when my back tire went flat...it blow out it just went flat, i had a nail go in and then get thrown out of the tire. I replaced the rear tire had it balanced professionally, and everything was cool for about a week. Following that week my handlebars started to shake. Not really bad but bad enough that if i let go of them they start shaking so bad that if i dont grab back a hold, i'll probably lose controll(i'm not to sure i haven't tryed letting go for to long). as long as i'm at a low speed say around 20mph or so it's hardly noticable, but when i get to 40 or 60 it just get crazy....anybody have any idea what this might possibly be, any help i get i would fully appreciate it. :?:

·
Registered
136 Posts
i would check to make sure the rear tire is in the right alignment. if the rear tire isnt straight it will make the bike wobble. other then that you may have coincidentaly messed something up in the front end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with Cowboy. If the alignment looks ok, I would take the rear wheel back to the shop and have the re-balance it. I have had weights fall off the wheel before. With it only being a couple weeks old, they should re-balance at no charge.

If they find that it is still balanced, the you can start looking deeper then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts