Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i recently had my first flat tire, i was runnin down the freeway when my back tire went flat...it blow out it just went flat, i had a nail go in and then get thrown out of the tire. I replaced the rear tire had it balanced professionally, and everything was cool for about a week. Following that week my handlebars started to shake. Not really bad but bad enough that if i let go of them they start shaking so bad that if i dont grab back a hold, i'll probably lose controll(i'm not to sure i haven't tryed letting go for to long). as long as i'm at a low speed say around 20mph or so it's hardly noticable, but when i get to 40 or 60 it just get crazy....anybody have any idea what this might possibly be, any help i get i would fully appreciate it. :?:

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'd take it back to the shop that did the tire change and explain your troubles to them. Remember this key phrase; "It wasn't like this when I brought it in here."

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i personally changed the tire...i just had the tire put on the rim for me. plus it was the rear tire that went flat, and it's my front one thats going crazy.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any other thoughts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Same thing with my bike, its a 2000. Once the tire was changed, the bars wobble. I can ride however fast I want, but I have to have two hands on.....if I only hold on with one or none, then I can't go past like you said 40 or so. Don't know what it is...but it's bothering me too....I left it alone, just cuz I couldn't figure it out, but now I figure maybe the tires aren't aligned or balanced.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
if you have a front stand put it up. pick a point on the ground and bottom of the tire. now spin the tire. notice if there is any lumps or see if the profile of the tire is out of round. if its good i would check to see if it is balanced, you have to remove the front tire and take it to the shop for this one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what i'll probably wind up doing is checking the balance on it...My only thought is maybe it's from slamming back down from a couple of wheelies to hard...dunno

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i dont know much about bike tires. but car tires sometimes seperate. the steel belts in the carcass of the tire give. it causes the wierd bubble on the tread of the tire. thats why i ask you to check if it did seperate or get out of round by spinning the tire while on the stand and watch the profile of the tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts