Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got out today and for the first time since I've had the bike, I got to actually use some of what it has to offer. Killed some serious twisties on some of the most insane roads I've ever seen in northern Kentucky. Now while I was riding, I was trying to keep the revs up where they long to be, but I've noticed I get a Heavy vibration through the whole bike at anything above 10k. I mean heavy, like you can feel it through the bars, the seat, the rearsets, the whole bike.
Does anyone else have this problem? Or know a fix?

I bought the bike brand new and am the only person that's ridden it. I did the break-in exactly as the owners manual requested. It's just if I keep the revs up that high, it's like my teeth are going to rattle loose. I am coming up about due for my next oil change, but I don't really see that helping. I've found the bike is most comfortable if I keep the revs between 6-10k. Any suggestions?

·
Shazzam!
256 Posts
I use the vibrations as a cue so I don't have to look at the tach as often. I know I'm in the power band because i can feel it. When the bike starts screaming like that i'd rather look at the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts