Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yoshimura TRS and I was wondering if there was any ways to make it louder. A friend of mine said to take out the baffle but I'm such a newb with exhaust stuff that i'm confused, can any of you guys help? thanks...

·
Registered
409 Posts
I took apart my stock exhaust and ripped every kind of baffle it had out ...to do this i drilled the rivits to get the end caps off and drilled the spot welds holding the baffles in then put it together with some screws instead of rivts dont know if you can has baffles tho but take it apart and check it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you notice a change in power when you removed the baffles? I've heard some people say it increases power while others say it decreases power. I'm just curious as I was considering this option to keep the stock look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It seemed to free up some more mid and high range power and I'm sure it helped the motor breath a lot better plus it sounded sweet nothing like I've heard befroe

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've removed a ton of inner baffles from Yosh systems. All m yfriends that have them want a little more sound as well.

It's pretty easy, but kinda of a PITA. drill the rivets, pull apart the can. YOu'll see an inner baffle that it is big on one side and smaller on the other side. Get in there with a dremel and a little cutting disc and cut it part. be careful not to cut through the other baffle on the big end.

You'll have to have part of it tack welded back together. You'll see what i mena when you do it.

Just take it apart, get a good look and you'll understand.

Any muffler shop or welding place can tack it back together for ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts