Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my new front tire mounted today. The shop said they balances it but li think I has the same little weight thing. What should I look for when riding to see if it's not balanced right?

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
For my new front tire mounted today. The shop said they balances it but li think I has the same little weight thing. What should I look for when riding to see if it's not balanced right?
:lmao what???..

im gonna guess you mean that it seems that the weight is in the same spot>?:dunce:

just take it for a ride...then you'll know

·
FastForward Performance
961 Posts
Not unusual as many times it is the rim out of balance and not the tire. Tdub

·
Registered
672 Posts
I balanced mine and didn't have to do a thing to the weight.

·
FastForward Performance
961 Posts
I balanced mine and didn't have to do a thing to the weight.
You can balance just about any tire without weight by taking the time and effort of rotating the tire some. The balance dot is just a reference point. Tdub

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
My 02 front rim and tire needed no weights this time around. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Oh yeah, OP, if it's not balanced you will get a lot of vibration from the front end when at speed. Tire balance shake generally occurs between a specific range of speed also. For example, "Dude, my fcukin bike shakes like whoah between 60 & 80 MPH!"

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
My 02 front rim and tire needed no weights this time around. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Oh yeah, OP, if it's not balanced you will get a lot of vibration from the front end when at speed. Tire balance shake generally occurs between a specific range of speed also. For example, "Dude, my fcukin bike shakes like whoah between 60 & 80 MPH!"
Zactly

OP, youll know it if its out of balance:fact

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
dumb question, but do the tires need to be on the bike to have them balanced, or can they do it off the bike? reason being, if I just take my wheels up there to get new tires put on, I'd hope they could do it without them being on the bike.

·
10,295 Posts
dumb question, but do the tires need to be on the bike to have them balanced, or can they do it off the bike? reason being, if I just take my wheels up there to get new tires put on, I'd hope they could do it without them being on the bike.
:laugh

·
10,295 Posts
The whole reasoning behind it is to dynamically balance the tire and wheel combination...so to answer your question simply: No

And yes, they will balance the tires and wheels off the bike...then they will hand you the wheels/tires so you can go home and put them on your bike...

·
10,295 Posts
I think you need to be on top of your terminology...when you say "tires" you actually mean the wheels with tires on them...right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
they don't balance the tire on the bike they remove it to balance it to begin with.
they do it kinda like cars or at lest the ones i have had done were like that. so yes it would be better if you did take it off the bike and have it done.

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,729 Posts
Not unusual as many times it is the rim out of balance and not the tire. Tdub
true because when I mounted my new tires, the weight was the same and in the same spot, the tires that went on were different from what came off.

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sure it's just me but I feel like I have push right now to keep my bike straight. Probably just the crown of the road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts