Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was needing to know if there is any way that i can check the bar alignment and general front end alignment of the triple clamp. In Nov i went down and the bike ended up on a median strip and took a slight knock to the left clip on. I have finished fixing it and the local bike shop said the clip on isn't bent.

I fixed it myself as it was only bodywork damaged but the bike feels a little off to me and i am wondering if the clip on may have moved a little when it hit the ground. Is there any way i can measure where it should be in relation to the tank or something. I have looked at it and it seems in the right spot but can't 100% tell. It will track straight if i take my hands off the bars and feels stable but in corners feels a little off.

Thanks guys

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
I have an 08 R6..on the back part of the yoke there's are two screw that go's on both clip-on to keep them align with one another.

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
ok..this is the yoke..the two small circle have tabs in them so you can't see the screws that are under neath them..they screw though the yoke to the handlebar(finger is at..on picture #2).if that screw is broken then may allow the bar to move..

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok..this is the yoke..the two small circle have tabs in them so you can't see the screws that are under neath them..they screw though the yoke to the handlebar(finger is at..on picture #2).if that screw is broken then may allow the bar to move..

Sweet, i looked at them and they are fine. I think i'll check the suspension settings now as the rebound on one fork was different to the other 2 days ago and i'm not sure how that happened so i'll put it all back to stock to be sure. Thanks for your help :toocool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts