Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has them? How well do you like them and how much better/worse visibility do you have? What brand do you like?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I don't have them but I'm pretty sure they are the best visibility mirrors of any on a bike. IMO they are below average in the looks department but I guess visibility is top priority! :D

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I considered them, but I got a pair of fish-eye mirrors that I stuck on the stock mirrors. I just put them on last night, so I'm not really used to them yet, but I like them so far.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I considered them, but I got a pair of fish-eye mirrors that I stuck on the stock mirrors. I just put them on last night, so I'm not really used to them yet, but I like them so far.
Do you have pics? I just wanted to see what that looked like.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Not yet, and my wife took the digicam to Dallas for the weekend, so I probably won't be able to get any until Monday or so...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have one bar end mirror. We only need a left side mirror in Oregon. It looks great, and has awesome visibility. From my left mirror, I can see my right blind spot. The only thing that sucks is you have to move your head to look in the mirror, instead of just glancing. No pics yet, just put it on last week.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one bar end mirror. We only need a left side mirror in Oregon. It looks great, and has awesome visibility. From my left mirror, I can see my right blind spot. The only thing that sucks is you have to move your head to look in the mirror, instead of just glancing. No pics yet, just put it on last week.
Yeah I noticed that I would have to move my head down. I tried it while riding and I didn't like doing that. I don't know what I'm going to do. I know a couple of guys that swear by them though.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yeah I noticed that I would have to move my head down. I tried it while riding and I didn't like doing that. I don't know what I'm going to do. I know a couple of guys that swear by them though.
They vibrate less then stock mirrors. Also, if you're really vain, think about how your bike will look less like an insect without those antenna mirrors. You will still have the bug eyes though. :D

·
MITICO
437 Posts
ordered them last week from e-bay, spent the week riding without mirrors at all. I LOVE the look without mirrors, and I think the bar ends are abit cafe-racer / ducati monster-esque which i don't mind at all

·
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!
122 Posts
Its the 08 Puig. Just put it on so I dont' know how it is yet. Probably will not know until next week. Waiting for some parts for the bike.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like the look of the bar end mirrors, I just am not diggin the look that your screen has after taking off the stocks...

·
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!
122 Posts
No they do not come in pairs and yes they are foldable. The screen was iffy at first but it is growing on me, just like the mirrors. They make the bike seem so wide now. I'm going for function over style.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts