Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of any good carbon fiber bar ends for the 04 r6?

I looked at the Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber bar ends, but those suckers don't have the screws to fit into the r6 hand grips.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
some of em dont, they have a rubber part and a screw on the outside part off the bar end, you just shove it in there and turn the screw and it squishes the rubber part holdin it in there.

man that kinda sounds dirty :hump

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the same with the Lockhart Phillips ones? They got a small screw with rubber on the outside, so the rubber on the bar end will touch the threads of the hand grip. Will twisting that screw get it in there?

yeah, that does sound kinda dirty.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts

ok the allen head part on the end of it you would actually see is what you would turn. the end where the rubber is should be a nut and washer to squish the rubber part. you just shove the thing in there and when the rubber squishes it grips the threads in your clip ons :cheers

man i think it just got even dirtier there :mrgreen:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, definitely. I just needed somebody to dumb down the explanation for me. thanks, man.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those bar ends won't fit into the damn hand grips. Took me half and hour to mangle the rubber ends into them, and they still won't stay there. Now i just have aftermarket bar ends with mangled rubber ends.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Ed said:
Those bar ends won't fit into the damn hand grips. Took me half and hour to mangle the rubber ends into them, and they still won't stay there. Now i just have aftermarket bar ends with mangled rubber ends.
lube them!!!! I had this pain, just use some WD-40 or the like.

You'll be in like Flin (sp?). :hump :idhitit

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That's lockhart phillips for ya! I don't buy LP products anymore, too many little details i've run into with most of their products.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any other brands that you'd recommend for a bar end? I bought a brand called motrax, and I just mangled them all to hell. Does sato or shogun make decent bar ends?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
Ed said:
Yeah, definitely. I just needed somebody to dumb down the explanation for me. thanks, man.
Hahaha! take that Choki! Now we are laughing at Lowkeys pain!
dam i do something good for someone and then i get bashed for it, oh wait let me dum it down for ya pen , :321 :FU :sheep

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Ed said:
Tried the WD-40 on the bar end, and the thing still wouldn't fit.
Make sure that the bolt is losse, spray the rubber part, it should slide right in nice and easy. If need be round off the leading corners so they will not get caught on the treads.

Once the end is competely in, you just tighten down the bolt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ed said:
any other brands that you'd recommend for a bar end? I bought a brand called motrax, and I just mangled them all to hell. Does sato or shogun make decent bar ends?
I make some that are direct replacements 0- make them in Delrin (plastic) as well as stainless steel. Screw in type like the stockers.

Email me if you have questions - I can make pretty much any type you want.

Eric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts