Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My R6 ate my cat
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Finally ran my '07 on the Dyno for a base power. At dyno day organised by friends one cold Saturday morning, I was one of three 600s, the rest were thousands. A mates 07 636 ran up 114hp, I was pretty disappointed with 103hp in comparision. Is this normal form other peoples experiences ?
The bike is only 6,500kms old and due for a service, on order this week form the states is a K&N along with a PCIII. I already have a Leo Vince slip on. Everything will be fitted and tuned at once. My aim is 120hp.

Below is the three power runs on 98 Octane fuel with AFRs.

·
My R6 ate my homework
550 Posts
no worries mate...I had mine dynoed needing an oil change while it was stock and pulled 102.8 HP

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah, your doing good. I would recommened a full exhaust if you want more HP The stock exhuast is 20lbs, a full system can remove 11lbs or more. I'm not sure how you'll really ever get a 600cc to reach 120hp, but if you do let me know. I'm thinking you'll need 1000cc.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
First off, in america there is no 07 636. That bike went from 03-06...I have one, I know. The 07 went back to 600cc. My 05 makes 116.7 on the dyno, but many dynos are different. I had mine done on a true hp dyno, which typically shows 10-15% less hp than a dynojet style. For more info, go to www.factorypro.com I have a full titanium Akrapovic evolution system, bmc race, power commander, iridium plugs, jumper mod, smog removal, and I run VP ultimate 4 oxygenated race fuel. I have been on the 07 kawi here in america, and my bike walks all over it. I would say that his is inaccurate and yours is closer to legit. I have not yet dynoed my 2008 r6 yet, but I would guess its right around 100-105 hp stock. If you are trying to get a legit 120 horsepower, you will need to do some headwork I think. KWS motorsports can give you an idea of how to get 120hp, but as said above, thats a pretty tall order for a streetable 600. With a 600 its probably easier to lighten it up than it is to add hp. Get a Ti exhaust, some race fairings, light weight wheels (which makes a huge difference, btw).

·
My R6 ate my homework
550 Posts
I am running 111.2 HP on my '07 R6 as of right now. That is with a MJS race header, Termi slip on,and a PCIII with a map off the dynojet website. I still have my stock air filter in right now. As soon as my BMC filter and block off plates are ordered and installed the bike is going in for a full tune.

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
You will nedd a full system, headwork and an extremely good tuner to reach 120hp on a 600. Keep in mind the 636 has a displacement advantage, so it is apples to oranges. I have the above mentioned work done on my '08 and it is still only 117.7 on the dyno.

·
My R6 ate my cat
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agg2001: 98 Octane is our Premium pump down under. We do have 100 Octane, but thats being phased out :(

RedDvl: Ah thats good to hear, I thought 103 was a little low considering everyone raves about the R6

To the others, I know 120hp is a tall order, it won't be happening straight off, but a gradual build up process. The tuner I have in mind builds some type of Kawa race motors for a series over here, along with some pretty insane drag bikes. I am confident they will get it there. I'll be really happy with 115hp once the exhaust, PCIII and filter go on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts