Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just bought my 2007 r6v today, and all is well except the battery.

The seller was a young woman that rarely rode the bike, and sitting caused the battery to lose its charge. I am using a 2amp trickle charger and was wondering how long (roughly) it should take to charge.

Not sure if this matters, but the bike push starts fine.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
My battery was completely dead the other day. Put it on the 10 amp charge and it was good in like 20 minutes. May end up replacing it with the 4 cell Moty Design in Spring.

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
charge for a full day or 2

and if you get a new one give a full charge before using it, it makes the life last longer

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
once one goes dead they usually don't last too much longer. everyone is having luck with the scorpion batteries that are AGM..agm doesn't discharge as fast as a lead acid battery. they can sit up to a year.

www.batterystuff.com

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
once one goes dead they usually don't last too much longer. everyone is having luck with the scorpion batteries that are AGM..agm doesn't discharge as fast as a lead acid battery. they can sit up to a year.

www.batterystuff.com
Question:
If I order a battery over the interwebs, where do I get the acid?

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that scorpion battery is 100% sealed. it comes with the acid in it already.
other batteries come shipped with the acid in a box with the battery.
you just fill it and charge.
cool thanks. I went to autozone to buy my charger and they just ran out of automatic motorcycle chargers so I had to buy a manual universal charger. I'm returning it tomorrow so I can buy the bike only one (its automatic AND cheaper)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts