Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ridin' dirty...
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery for my '03. I have a shop that I've been working with lately and they ordered up a Yuasa YT9B-4, cost is $120. I saw the same battery on BobsCycle.com for $114.95 or something, but then I saw a few others for around $64.95 (although they didn't seem to be the same brand, they were tagged with the same model #). Has anyone needed to replace their battery lately and found them to be f'in pricey like this? Or am I getting hosed? I don't want to assume that I'm getting ripped off cuz he's been real cool with me so far...but the info I've found doing my own research isn't really conclusive either way. :eek5

·
Dibba daba
3,067 Posts
well have you went to yamaha themselvs to see how much charge? You can allways find it cheaper online...and rember the people at the shop you may go to seem cool and want to BS with you, they gotta make their money.

I had a dude i went to all the time that had straight up stupid low prices on things, my other friend had a shop he liked to go to cuz they were cool and all....but alot more expensive. So all depends

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
yea dude, there expensive as *****!!! i think its cuz its yamaha and its a gel battery. i was told to buy the battery your looking at, part# yt9b-4. its not the best battery in the world but it works. i mean, it does the same job as the 180$ battery

·
Ridin' dirty...
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dude at this shop has already hooked me up on everything. Not only could match, but could beat online prices for everything I've done thus far by a fair amount, and labor is basically $50/hr. Seems better than the dealer that I took it to, with their whack upsale tactics. Finding a mechanic that you can trust is hard, trust me, I know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had to replace my battery this past summer and the yamaha dealer charged somewhere between $120 and $130

·
Catch me if you can
8 Posts
smotz said:
I had to replace my battery this past summer and the yamaha dealer charged somewhere between $120 and $130
Why did you have to replace your battery so soon? Batteries should last way longer than a year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an 02 r6 and a friend of mine had an 03 GSXR 6. My battery died and I used his, It was a little taller, just enough to rub the bottom of the seat. The Battery for the GSXR was cheaper by alot if I recall. Worth a shot, cause ours are expensive...

·
Forum Moderator
3,107 Posts
Write down the number off the stock battery. Take it to your local auto parts store. They should be able to cross the number and get you a comparable brand for between $49 to around $70. I worked part time at a auto parts store and we did it all the time.

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Skeeter said:
Write down the number off the stock battery. Take it to your local auto parts store. They should be able to cross the number and get you a comparable brand for between $49 to around $70. I worked part time at a auto parts store and we did it all the time.
i tried that but all they had was wet cell/dry cell batteries, something u gotta pour the liquid in and then cant lay it on its side. i was told to replace the battery cuz when the motorcycle shop checked it it said the thing was low. but more than 2 weeks later and its still runnin just fine, no problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.